Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected charge for SuperSafe boost

persian_star
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 3

My bill came through three days ago. I am on Fibre65, with 5 months left on my 18 month contract. My bill is usually £27.50 monthly (sometimes a bit more if we make any calls). This month, unexpectedly, there was an extra charge for £3.47 for a SuperSafe boost. I don't remember adding or requesting this boost recently. When I checked my Package details, it is listed under the broadband details, making me wonder if it has always been part of the package I already pay for. When I check my bill, there is a Details link for this charge, which shows

• Your Free SuperSafe Boost Discount for 18 Months, saving you £0.53, ends this month on 14 March 2022.

in a pop-up. Obviously, something was due to expire 14/03/22 (though why that date, I don't know) but that doesn't explain why I am suddenly, and without any warning, billed an extra £3.47 (though I do understand that the boost is worth £4 and that the apparent 53p discount would equal £3.47). I immediately cancelled the boost, as I neither need nor want it.

Please confirm if this charge is relevant, and if so, why.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi persian_star

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions 

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Boosts are not always applied in sync with your contract.

Check your old bills, and you will probably see the boost included but with the price slashed out if it was a free deal.

If that deal expires on a certain date, the amount you are being charged is simply pro rata for the billing month ahead.

If you have now cancelled it, you'll get the overpayment back next month, credited on your bill, @persian_star.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes