Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected, undiscussed charge

exasperated2021
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi

I could be putting this up here to log dissatisfaction within the 14 dY cooling-off period, as there appears to be no other way of communicating this with TalkTalk, though they claim 24 hour live chat, that I cannot find, but can read that it is there.

As an existing customer, I signed up for my mother on September 23rd 2021. I have just arrived for a visit and find on day 13 of a 14 day cooling-off period, that a £60 charge has been added to the account without any discussion.  That discussion will not be on any recordings of the agreement, as it simply was not mentioned.  I certainly would have remembered £60 as an existing customer who had no need to double the speed as my mothers usage is adequality served with the speed she was on.  

Can Talk Talk put on a £60 charge to an existing customer if it is not mentioned in the  recorded phone calls? 

Where is the elusive 24 hour livechat support or is this it? Not that I am ungrateful. That I can write a message and record my dissatisfaction with an organisation that only allows written complaint by letter! There is good reason for that, and we all know what that is.

Apologies if I don't sound happy but to arrive at my mothers and realise I have 2 hours before the cooling off period is over with the " face validity " of support from Talk Talk, that seemingly has no live chat and no way of emailing , is simply frustrating and indicates an attitude to  their customers which speaks for itself.  TalkTalk if you are reading this, I am questioning the £60 charge, two hours before the cooling off period is over.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 1 of 5

@exasperated2021 ,

If you want staff on this forum to help you you will have to update your forum profile with your mother's personal details and TalkTalk landline number as previously advised by others several times.

Alternatively, you can contact TalkTalk by phone on 0345 172 0046 or via live chat here: Our live chat team - TalkTalk Help & Support (that page also includes the current phone and chat support opening hours)

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 5

Hi @exasperated2021

Sorry that you are unhappy 

The fee is usually waived by a welcome credit, If you would like me to confirm this, please can you add your landline or account number to your community profile and I can verify this. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

In one-off charges it is mentioned for new and existing lines, etc, @exasperated2021:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-pricing/ta-p/2212258

However the fact that you are not aware of it being mentioned in the conversation makes it definitely worth a query.

The customer is not necessarily going to be aware of the charge if it is not publicised upfront. 

Staff reply during the day Monday to Friday. 

They will need to know your mother's details too, so please add them in the Private Notes area of your profile. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email", choose Personal Information. That's for your own details. 

At the end of that section, in Private Notes, add your mother's name, address,  Talktalk landline number and a fallback contact number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Sorry to see this. If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your mother's personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with the account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes