Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair Direct Debit Rejection Fee

Ryan Peeney
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi there,

I terminated my services with you as I moved House and no longer required your services.

Prior to this process I cancelled my direct debit last month without realising I had not formally spoke to you about terminating, so I called you straight away and spoke to an agent who processed the termination, then I spoke to another agent re payment and was very ambiguous about my account/bill but told me I would not be charged for the cancelling the direct debit and I would receive one last bill to pay.

My bill came in with a £12.50 direct debit rejection fee. I think it’s very unfair to tell me one story knowing your processes will tell me another. The agent 'bless her' didn't seem to know what she was doing. When I did end the call I did raise a complaint at the time, low and behold I have heard nothing from you since filing the complaint.

Happy to pay you for what is fair, however the rejection fee I was to dispute for being mis-informed by your agent, that is totally unfair.

Can you please escalate this to a manager so I’m not back and forth and wasting time before I end up speaking to a manager to resolve?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi @Ryan Peeney

The fee will be reversed, your account is in credit so you can request a refund in the next 24 hours. 

Regards

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Ryan Peeney

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Your thread is automatically escalated into the workflow, @Ryan Peeney, but staff are not on the forum at weekends, and it can take several days to get a reply Monday to Friday. 

For staff to identify your account you must complete your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Please look out for their response. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes