Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlawfully had a contract taken out by customer service chat rep

Kjbennett
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I spoke with a customer service representative (nqobile) on live chat asking when the end of my contract was up who advised me to check back in 2 days to see what deals I could be offered within 30 days of the contract being up. I made them aware I was considering leaving and was asking how this would affect me as my contract was up on the 13th of July unless that talktalk could match the offer I had received from Now Broadband. He advised there was nothing he could do until we were within the 30 days and I must wait two days. Just received an email stating telephone add-ons had been added to my service and upon logging in I can see the contract has been extended until 11 December 2023 without any such request or permission from myself. This is disgusting behaviour as I believe the customer service rep has unlawfully signed me up to a contract which I have not requested or agreed to without my knowledge.

Seeking to have this matter resolved and will be looking to cancel my direct debit cancelled with the bank to avoid such unlawful charges being made.

Kind regards,

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi @Kjbennett

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Fair comment ferguson, I should have mentioned taking screenshots.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

@jaspertat There wasn't a call involved here as far as I can see? 

0 Likes

jaspertat
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 6

This is an example of why I always record calls with TT. You could put in a SAR (subject access request) for a record of the information TT hold on you, including conversations. I notice on previous threads members have found TTs recordings 'disappear'.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

You cannot have an extended contract without your express agreement and you have a statutory cooling off period in any event in which to cancel. I suggest you contact customer services using live chat when they reopen tomorrow. 

0 Likes