Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited UK call boost

cheziecats75
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

I've just received my latest bill which has a £14 charge for unlimited uk call boost, I don't remember signing up for this but obviously it must have been in the small print! I do not have a phone connected to my landline so I definitely do not need it.

I have gone into my services and unticked the box for call boost and updated and when I go back in again to check the box is still ticked, please can someone remove this as I am not paying for a service I will never use, thank you

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

@cheziecats75 wrote:

Live chat removed it for me, apparently I signed up to it free 18 months ago, how I'm supposed to remember that is anyone's guess 😂

Well, my guess is that one reminder would be the fact that it will be listed on every one of your last 18 bills, even if it is discounted to free, including the date that the discount ends. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 9

Especially if you never used it! Glad to hear it's sorted.  🙂

0 Likes

cheziecats75
First Timer
Message 3 of 9

Live chat removed it for me, apparently I signed up to it free 18 months ago, how I'm supposed to remember that is anyone's guess 😂

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 9

Read the OP again: they were able to untick the box, so presumably it wasn't greyed out. I suspect the pop-up is the issue. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 9

In which case, how did the customer not know at the time? Can't be clearly enough detailed. 

An old free boost shouldn't be greyed out when it becomes chargeable as it's not been newly added. It's well passed its minimum commitment. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

That cannot actually happen @Gliwmaeden2, although it is conceivable that a previously free Boost is carried over during an online renewal and has now become chargeable. Either way, the only time it will be greyed out is as you say within the first month of ordering, but that is not something which can be done inadvertently. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 9

Did you recently renew online, @cheziecats75? Sometimes they add things, not always free.

If it's greyed out, it could be to prevent you removing it before the end of the first month, as these boosts require minimum one month, or you pay a breakage fee. 

If in doubt, phone 03451 720046 (open till 6pm todat, not open Sunday) or use Chat:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

They should clarify the situation for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

It is possible that you were offered this free of charge for a period of time and the offer has now expired. You can easily remove this yourself by going to My Account > Manage home phone Boosts, in fact to make it easier here's a link.  

Untick the box, click Update at the bottom and you should get a pop-up window to confirm. If not, refresh the page and make sure that pop-ups are enabled on your browser. 

0 Likes