Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming bill

allied_biscuit
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Apologies, originally posted as a follow-up question in an existing post.

My dashboard tells me that £39.86 is due today for the May-June billing period. There has been a bit of a palaver in not being online for a while but in a conversation to Customer Services, I was told that the amount owed would be written off if a new contract was taken out (for ~£23 over 18 months).

Can you please ensure this is the case as I don't want to be hit with a late payment charge and that the payment is not taken until I am online (which will hopefully be soon)

In addition, I asked for a pro-rated refund for the April-May bill as we've been offline since the 13th and I was told it would be looked into and gotten back to, and I haven't.

Many thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi allied_biscuit

Sorry that you are still having problems 

I can confirm that the balance is zero on the account. 

The only reference on your account is the Rep- 11351350. Your issue has been given to the correct team (via your other thread) It would be best to allow the team it has been escalated too, to complete what they need to do. 

Regards

0 Likes

allied_biscuit
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 9

Hello! After speaking to the accounts department, the bill in question has been written off, but then I received an email saying an amount of £12.50 is now due which I'm guessing is the admin fee charge for a late payment.

Can you please confirm that is the case and if it isn't, what you'd bill is in respect of.

@Arne-TalkTalk, can you please confirm that a complaint has been raised and the associated reference number is please.

Cheers

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 9

@allied_biscuit  this article details how compensation is calculated

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

The complaints procedure is detailed from the link at the bottom of this page.

@Arne-TalkTalk is the staff member who has replied to you and should be able to help with any further issues.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Thank you for your input. So I should disregard what I've been told on at least 2 occasions by TalkTalk staff and just wait until I'm reconnected and it will magically sort itself out?

I'm sorry, this is unsatisfactory. I would like to escalate this query to a complaint and have it assigned to a complaint handler. Unless that person is you @martswain?

Cheers

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 9

TT do not stop billing when a fault occurs, everything will get resolved once reconnected and the actual number of days without service is known, you will then get compensated.

As for the contract price, a staff member will be able to look into what has been agreed.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Thank you for the reply. It was done via a phone call, actually 2 phone calls, the second one was to confirm the amount written off whilst asking for a replacement router and was made by my partner on the 03/04. The first I cannot remember, but I can see if I have a record anywhere.

Here is a breakdown which I hope explains where I'm coming from:

bill due 01/04 - £36.95
covers period 25/03 - 24/04
offline since 13/04, pro-rata refund for 12 days?

bill due 06/05 - £39.86
covers period 25/04 - 24/05
no service from 25/04 - today (at least)

why would I pay for usage from today (06/05) to the 24/05 when I'm offline and have an unresolved support ticket open? We were lead to believe that the new contract would take effect when we are back online.

If you can clarify, that would be appreciated.

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi @allied_biscuit

Thanks for your post.

I can confirm that your contract has been renewed for £23. How did you renew, was it via phone or Live chat I cant see any offer to clear the current outstanding balance on the account.

In terms of the refund for the fault our auto compensation team will investigate this and apply the required credit.

Regards 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 9

Apologies, my title wasn't worded particularly well. Have now edited.

0 Likes