Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What customer service?

dangerous
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 9

Not sure where to post this.  The forum really needs a "General" or "Everything Else" tab.

I cannot delete an email and owing to GDPR I have to contact TT to delete it,so after a long chat I was told that I would be contacted. I missed two mobile calls and when I replied I was told they would get back to me when I called the number.

I then missed a land line call asking me to call on the customer services number which I did. (0345 1720088).The recorded message was that they were closed so call back in working hours - see website for times. Not sure why they cannot just say when they are open - maybe too easy. Website shows 8.00am to 8.0pm. Still same recording at 08:05, 08:30, 08:50. 09:00.

Also tried 0203 441 5550, same message, and the website freephone number which introduced itself but after a few automated button presses returned to the "we are closed" message.

Frustrating and very annoying.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @dangerous 

I have checked the account and the address in your  private notes is not showing against your account. Its shows only 4 addresses so there may have been a delay in the process. 

Let me know if you can still see it. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 9

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @dangerous.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

dangerous
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 9

Hi all, and thanks for your help. Sory for the delay in getting back to this topic.

I was eventually contacted by phone and after a discussion was told that within a month the account would be deleted.

I had an email a couple of days ago telling me that it was now deleted.

I checked today on my account/login details tab and it is still there. Still cannot be deleted and still counts toward my 5 available email addresses.

Where do I go from here? Do I now have to wait fro the unused email effect to kick in after 6 months?

Confused again!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi @dangerous

Does the email show in My Account?   

You should be able select login details then select manage email address link at the bottom, which will take you to a screen allowing your to delete the mail box. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Nice one. If the relevant forms are en-route to the Data Protection Team then they'll authorise the deletion of the email address so I'd fully expect that to be done within the next 2 weeks but allowing up to 30 days as that's the required timescale.

Let us know when you see the email address is gone.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

dangerous
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 9

Thank you for your replies.

I eventually got through to the number shown and was patched through to a call centre where the only advice was to try to rememebr the password.

Shortly after that I received a call from Andy who has now submitted the forms under the right to be forgotten system.

Hopefully this will sort it out.

My main issue was that although I  was called,when I followed the instruction to call back, the number simply goes back to the loop that ends up in some foreign call centre with no way to return the originator's call directly. The opening times are stated as 8am to 8pm. No mention of covid so far as I could see.

Once again thanks.

martswain
Philosopher
Message 7 of 9

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @dangerous 

As it's proving difficult for you to receive the calls that TalkTalk are making to try to talk to you and as this is a simple request to ask the Data Protection Team to delete an email address for you then perhaps it's best to follow the advice Ady gave to your original thread here.

I know that means conventional post and you need to provide verification details and a written description of what's needed but you'll get written confirmation when the email address is fully deleted.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes