Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Fixed Price Plus

carrotmuseum1
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

Just received email from Talktalk about a price change to my Fixed Price Contract.

Two questions:

1. Anyone know if it is legal to change a legal contract during its term? My "Fixed Price Contract" expires in September 2022. When is fixed price, not fixed price? The letter I received from T/t when  the LEGAL contract commenced, dated 25/2/21 states "We'll guarantee your broadband package price stays the same for your 18 month contract"

2. The Email from Talktalk today states:

Fixed Price Plus

Pay a little more each month throughout your minimum contract term and we guarantee to completely fix your broadband price. Head to My Account to find out more.

There is no mention in My Account area!! Can anyone explain what exactly The Fixed Price Plus is, and most importantly is the price fixed and therefore unalterable until the contract ends?

Feels like T'talk does not understand the term "Fixed"

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

@silverbird63 This is an old and dormant thread and will not be picked up by the support team, it would be best to start your own topic. 

0 Likes

silverbird63
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Ok we have just renewed for 24months. We asked agents advice and he said best to get fixed price plus. Just what does it mean plus. Can we have a through explanation and can you remove it if you want to?

Not an expert at much just like to learn about as many things as I can
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Should be called `Fictional Fixed Price Plus`

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Many of us on other contracts went through this a few months ago.

Yes it is legal and your terms and conditions allow this ( they can be found at the bottom of this page) and in accordance with Ofcom rules they should allow you to leave if you follow the process detailed in your mail, without penalty fees. You may also be able to renegotiate your contract on favourable terms by phoning the  Loyalty Team on 0345 172 0046. At least we could last time and i was pleased with my new contract. Ive not seen the full email this time, but its worth a call saying your unhappy.

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

As for fixed price plus, i decided against paying more per month and accepted i would have a price increase next April. It's your choice on if you feel you may save money over the contract period.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes