Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being charged delivery for this?

BlueBabe
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

I've recently renewed my contract, from Faster Fibre (with Speed Boost) to Fibre 65. I was told I HAD to have a new hub, to be able to get the faster connection. Although there would be no charge for the hub, I would have to pay £9.95 for delivery. 

However, the "New" hub has arrived today & it's exactly the same model as the hub I am already using. Huawei "Product Version: DG8041W-2.T5"

Is there any point in changing it, as it takes ages to re-connect devices with the new password? And, I  also feel conned into agreeing to the delivery charge. I was given to believe I would receive a better, faster hub, which was essential for the new service, not an identical one to what I'm already using.

I can't see an identical model, giving me a better service.

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

@BlueBabe wrote:

Apparently, I have to wait for the next bill to be created on the 17th, before I can request a cancellation of the delivery charge...

Further more, when I phone to request the cancellation, it will be deducted BEFORE the Direct Debit is taken from my bank account. I really can't see them taking a different amount before I'm sent documentation of the reduction, but we'll see.

Sounds to me like what they are saying is that if you call them up when your bill is produced on the 17th, they will credit the delivery charge amount onto your account to offset the charge on the bill. They should be able to do that immediately. If you call them as soon as the bill is produced it should be in time before the DD is requested.

Also, when you return the router, don't forget to get (and keep hold of) the proof of postage receipt from the Post Office just in case you need to prove you sent it back.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi @BlueBabe

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

BlueBabe
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 6

Thank you both. I've found a number to call them on (that wasn't easy to find either) and a returns bag is on the way. Apparently, I have to wait for the next bill to be created on the 17th, before I can request a cancellation of the delivery charge...

Further more, when I phone to request the cancellation, it will be deducted BEFORE the Direct Debit is taken from my bank account. I really can't see them taking a different amount before I'm sent documentation of the reduction, but we'll see.

I've also noticed, my account online is now showing that I have TV. I've never requested TV, I don't have equipment to receive TV & for the amount of telly I ever watch, I'm happy with Freeview & occasionally the on-line catch-up services of individual channels. It can stay idle if I'm not being charged for it, but if they try BT's trick of "inclusive" services suddenly being charged for, without notice, I'll be very annoyed.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

No there is no point in changing it. There may already be a returns bag in the box, otherwise do as @martswain suggested.

Alternatively wait for the support team here to pick this up, I have moved your topic to the Billing section where it will be more appropriately dealt with. 

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 6

Faster Fibre with boost = Fibre 65.

Exactly the same product, different name, you didn't get a new service at all.

No new equipment was needed.

Suggest you call customer services, get a returns bag, sent it back and demand a refund of the delivery fee.