Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I contact customer support?

chris78
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I am getting quite angry about this now. I have been charged for an entire month after having switched to a new provider despite my contract having ended over a month ago. I would appreciate someone from customer support to actually look into this but it feels very difficult to actually contact them directly, probably by design.

Chris James
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

@chris78, I see that you have already opened a topic for this:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Disconnected-but-still-being-charged/m-p/2815145

You posted on Sunday - staff are not necessarily on here every day and there is a queue for attention. 

Your previous thread is likely to be reached first.

DUPLICATE THREAD. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

The end of contract just means that your service continues rolling on a month at a time at full price, @chris78.

When you move to another provider that is Openreach serviced and keep your number, the new company should inform Talktalk.

If you move to Virgin or full Fibre with another company, you need to tell Talktalk yourself. 

Talktalk always bills the full month ahead. The subsequent bill will show any credit back for unused days. 

You can claim back the refund through My Account. This is easiest if you have left your Direct Debit in place, but a cheque can be requested instead. 

To clear this up, speak to the LOYALTY team on 03451 720046, after 9am. 

They are open till 7pm on weekdays. 

Chat is also available to check the details, but if your account has not yet been cancelled, you need to use the phone number above.

The link to Chat is on this page, along with a full list of opening hours:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes