Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I incur early leaving charge if I take up an offer to recontract ? before end of contract

trying2
Chat Champion
Message 5 of 5

Hi. I see an offer on facebook for : fibre 65 and free uk calls unlimited for 24 mths I would grab this if I was sure I would not incur the early leaving charge of my fibre 35 (which only achieves 18.1 Mbps) with this  Hub, but  I used to get 20.1 Mbps with old router, I  had problems and didn't have time to worry about it with the covid thing.. 

main questions~~  1) will I achieve faster than 18.1 Mbps  if I go for 65 fibre ??  .
2) will i incur an early leaving charge if i re-contract before  my October end date?
The offer is on facebook , for all ..  .. the ones being sent to me by talk talk email do not interest me .. only the fibere 65 but with no free calls .. @ £25 pm . 

present   contract is on 35 fibre  (only achieve 18.5  Mbps in reality )   no free calls. cost £23. but now £25.50 with the bumped mid contract  increase .. So I am very interested in the £25 for 65 fibre and free unlimited uk calls. as advertised on facebook..
thanks.   John 

JH
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

trying2
Chat Champion
Message 1 of 5

Thanks for reply .. excuse my late reply..  I will try the loyalty team.. ... wish I had kept my old HG633 router  which gave a steady 20Mbps and a longer range . and put up with the occasional loss  and restart..  Now seems fixed on 18.5Mbps.. . and not paid out £30  for a drop in performance .. 
Thanks.   
 JH ..

JH
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thanks for replies , Wasn't sure what to reply to a performance drop (20Mbps down to 18.5 Mbps) was not unusual after purchasing what I thought was a far more superior super  hub than my older HG633.
This mornings. speed check says. 15.1 Mbps to router Using the talktalk review thing,  Is there anyway I can request a check  to the router? 
Thanks for the info saying I wont get any faster than the 18.5 even if I upgrade to 65  from 35...  whew I nearly fell for that from talktalk mail urging me to upgrade for £29.00 !! lol 
anyhow thanks for info.   .. excuse this late reply.

JH
0 Likes

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 3 of 5

@trying2 wrote:

my fibre 35 (which only achieves 18.1 Mbps) with this  Hub, but  I used to get 20.1 Mbps with old router

Different routers will produce slightly different results. That small difference doesn't seem unusual to me.

@trying2 wrote:

1) will I achieve faster than 18.1 Mbps  if I go for 65 fibre ??  .

The Fibre35 package is limited to a maximum 40Mbps download sync speed. Fibre65 removes that cap and gives speeds up to a maximum 80Mbps. That is all dependent on your line though, so (unless you believe for some reason that there is a fault on the line) if you're not getting near to 40Mbps on Fibre35, your not going to get any faster on Fibre65.

@trying2 wrote:

2) will i incur an early leaving charge if i re-contract before  my October end date?
present   contract is on 35 fibre  (only achieve 18.5  Mbps in reality )   no free calls. cost £23. but now £25.50 with the bumped mid contract  increase 

Contract breakage fees are applied if you leave to go to a different provider, nothing to do with renewing your contract with TalkTalk. A little while back TalkTalk did sneak in an admin charge which may be applied if you make changes mid-way through your contract.

However, having said all that, when you mention a "mid contract increase" I'm assuming you have recently received notification of a £2.50 price rise, in which case you should have 30 days from that notification to leave or re-contract without any penalties.

I would contact the loyalty team as @fr8ys suggests to see what deal they can offer you.

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

If you have not got more than 20mps speed on fibre 35, its probable that your line cannot get more than this and going for a 65 contract would have no advantage.

If you wish to see if you van recontract mid term, you will need to speak to the Loyalty Team
0345 172 0046 is currently working and it may be worth a call.

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).