Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong contract length

Sarahgoo1
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi, I signed up to a new broadband service yesterday. After a lengthy conversation explaining I wanted the minimum contract time as I was likely to be moving abroad after a year I was told I was signing up to an 18 month contract. I checked online whilst the lady was on the phone and the deal she was signing me up to for 18 months matched the one I had found online so I agreed. She told me THREE times that I would not be charged for early termination and she even went to check with her supervisor while I was on the call. After finishing the call I receive my email and I have been signed up to a 24 month contract! This was never discussed, I do not want this. I immediately tried to call back and tell them but the person on the end of the phone told me not to worry and it would be an 18 month contract and the email they sent me was wrong and I would receive another one. I have NOT received another one and therefore i only have an email stating a 24 month contract. On further investigation I see they do charge a penalty for early cancellation. I hope they recorded our calls because I was lied to many times. What do I need to do now to change my contract to 18 months? Cancel and start again? I’m still within my cooling off period.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @Sarahgoo1

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

jaspertat
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 3

I suggest you record all your calls to TalkTalk. Telling them you are recording the call seems to concentrate their minds and of course once you have it  they cannot deny it later.