Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account issues stating not registered and not getting billing emails but getting other emails

blandam
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

The issue started after getting a letter saying Talktalk couldn't send us billing emails and we had to call them or we would be getting charged £2.75 for paper copies. we have not changed anything with our account. After being passed around several departments (and many hours ) a helpful James came on the phone. I was trying to get on to my account and it wouldnt let me log in. we tried to change the password and get in that way but it wouldn't allow that either said there was an error. I was informed that talktalk are having technical issues and it needed to be escalated up. If I try to log onto my account it just states the account is not registered and I need to register. This has been going on now for over a week and just not getting anywhere. to be honest losing the will. any help or advice would be so gratefully received      

Ian n Angie
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

@blandam  

Can you screenshot the full error message please and PM it to me 

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Let me look into this with the My Account team, Unless there has been a recent change you should be able too. 

Will let you know when they reply.

0 Likes

blandam
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 12

Hi Arne

I log onto my account (with a gmail address as customer services had deleted our talktalk one from our account) I then go to profile and settings and to login details. I click change email address and get asked to add a new email address. I enter my talktak email address that have had for many many years and is still working. when i enter it get a message we have identified a talktalk email address (can put the full message on if you need it ). i save changes and get a pop up box with the same message saying about identified a talktalk address. i then click changes again. i get the message 

'This email address doesn’t exist in your TalkTalk Mailbox. Either go back and review the email address'

in my mailbox settings my talktalk email address is listed there and i am getting emails to the email address fine everyday. 

It just wont let me change our account login id back to what it originally was (talktalk address ) so it matches our email address. so now we wont get our billing or any emails from talktalk to our actual talktalk inbox until it can be changed. talktalk customer services have said we cant change it back ??   

Ian n Angie
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

When you go into the login details page does the email address show in the list?

0 Likes

blandam
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 12

Hi Arne it wont let me change it back to a talktalk address. I get the message 'This email address doesn’t exist in your TalkTalk Mailbox. Either go back and review the email address ' and its our active email address I am trying to change it back to so it does exist. talktalk customer services were at a loss why it wouldnt work  

Ian n Angie
0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

When you login you should be able to click on Login details, you should be able to switch the login back to your @talktalk.net address 

0 Likes

blandam
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 12

Hi Arne not really back to where we were.

we want to change the account login email back to our original @talktalk.net login id which would match our webmail but we cant so its currently a works email.  

We are now able to get onto our account again but had to use a work email as were told we couldn't use our original @talktalk.net  initially to re-register.  once we were able to get back onto the account we have then tried to change the account email login back to the @talktalk.net but it wont let us. so as it stands our billing info will be going to a works email as we cant  change our account login to our original email address which customer services de registered. its not ideal really. our webmail still works on the old email. if we could just get the account login changed back to our original @talktalk.net login it would be resolved. just looks like we have to live with it as it is

Ian n Angie
0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi blandam

Its look like the account was successfully registered yesterday, Can you confirm that you can now access My Account.

Thank you 

0 Likes

blandam
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 12

profile updated thank you. would be amazing if someone can sort this have lost the will with it 

Ian n Angie
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Hi @blandam

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details, @blandam, for staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

I have made sure that your thread is in the queue for attention from staff. 

They reply during the day Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes