Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change name on account

simon601
Visitor
Message 3 of 3

I want to change the name of the account but talktalk keep saying that we are not sending the right form.  They don't have a helpline of any kind to ask and we've been trying to sort this out for two months.

Here's what I've done, if anyone can tell me what I've done wrong, I'd be grateful.

1) I downloaded the change of name form from talktalk

2) I filled in my own name (existing account holder) and signed it together with the account number, the talktalk phone number and my own mobile number.

3) the person taking over the account filled in their details and the new direct debit mandate

4) the form was returned to talktalk at the address given

This is not complicated but I have now received the same letter from talktalk twice in response to the completed form asking me to fill in the same form again and return it.  Again.

The only way forward that I can see now is to cancel the contract and go with another company.  

Any ideas?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @simon601

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Normally you need to have the form forwarded to you by email from forum staff. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Change-your-account-details/ta-p/2204661

There's a chance that the one you are finding on the web might not be the latest version of it, @simon601, so not being approved when they come to process it, even if it contains what seems to be all the essential information. 

I'll move this to billing, as this is to do with your account, not the actual service. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday. 

They will need you to complete your community forum profile details to identify your account in the first place. 

Please ensure that you add your Talktalk landline number by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes