Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

engineer charge £65?

Raymond13
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I have been experiencing a poor connection for a couple weeks in November. So I have checked a service status online. There was found a technical issue. I have been told by customer service that I don't have to worry as engineer will be at my property to fix this problem within a couple days. Engineer arrived next day and he found out that the problem was in a faulty filter which was replaced. It was not damaged just faulty one which means it was not my fault. I have not been told that for being connected with TalkTalk I have to pay fees if any technical issues occurred.

Now i have a little surprise on my bill of £65 charge after 2 and half months.

What have I been charged for?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Raymond13

I can investigate  I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Like I said wait for the support team to respond. A microfilter is one of the first things you are asked to check before getting in touch. You should have had two in the box with your router. It would be a bit like asking an electrician to come round and check a fault without first having checked plugs, light bulbs, fuses etc. But it depends to some degree on what advice you were given at the time the engineer was booked and what potential charges you were told to expect. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Microfilter was provided and fitted by TalkTalk in 2018. I did not buy one myself. So it is TalkTalk equipment unfortunately.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

A microfilter is not TalkTalk equipment. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

A faulty filter is very much your responsibility to have checked.

If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes