Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local calls = 24 pence a minute!?

dopeytree
Whizz Kid
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

Have talktalk suddenly changed the price of local calls?

We seem to have an impending charge on our account for £26odd for a long call but to a local number. 

As far as I can see it could be 24pence per minute + a connection charge.

Maths...

£26 = 2600pence.

2600 / 24 = 108 minutes

108 / 60 = 1.8 hours.

24pence per minute is madness!!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

It means you may keep the Boost at half price for 18 months. You may choose to take the Boost for smaller periods, minimum one month each period.

When you return to take the Boost for a new period it may not be offered at half price but that's the risk. You can elect for half price for up to 18 months after which the price is returned to full price that's then current.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 13

Just trying to highlight it says 2 conflicting things... you can dip in & out. Then it says it's for 18 months. 

It would be great if this could be reported up the chain and amended. i.e remove the 18months text.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi dopeytree

There was a promotion to add the calls boost for £5 earlier this year which has now ended (end of march I think), the promo price is £7 as displayed in My Account. 

Regards.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 13

You are just repeating what we all know and which nobody is disputing. 

0 Likes

dopeytree
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 13

Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 12.20.31.png

Message 6 of 13

Hi dopeytree 

I agree with ferguson. If you have a personal half price offer via your MyAccount then that's really nice of TalkTalk.

Two tips:

• All Boosts are for a month at a time so you can cancel whenever you like with a minimum commitment of one month. 
  • There is a difference between a fixed price offer and a half price offer. A half price offer will go up to £8/m from 1 June.   

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 13

Which post? You have made those points twice. £14 a month is the standard price currently, due to rise to £16. £7 is a half-price offer as is often available. It may have been advertising for £5 a month when the standard price was £10? 

dopeytree
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 13

Not sure why my post keeps disappearing.

Call boost is £7 not £14.

It was also advertising at £5 a month in my account for a long time.

0 Likes

dopeytree
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 13

We used to have the call boost at £14 a month but I made a big fuss as you were advertising it at £5 in my account.

I have never heard back from my written complaint...

In February several calls were made to mobiles but not charged.. there's no consistency in any of the billing. 

We're also still being charged 3p a month for talktalk TV...

The call boost is now being advertised a £7 a month (not £14) so I have opted for that.

The chat help assures me its not an 18month contract but we will find out...

As soon as fibre is installed to our road we are outa talktalk.

Nothing but hassle every time you try to sort anything out.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 13

Hi dopeytree 

UK Call costs

Unlimited UK Calls Boost

Yes 24p per minute is the standard charge. If you take the Unlimited UK Calls Boost you can potentially save money as this is currently £14/m going up to £16/m in June.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 13

There is no distinction made between call costs geographically and there has not been for  many years now. All UK calls, regradless of distance, are charged at a flat rate of 24p a minute. There aren't any additional connection charges.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/UK-call-costs/ta-p/2205242 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Unless the recipient happens to be a Talktalk customer, or unless you use the boost and call for less than an hour, all UK calls to 01 /02 / 03 are at the same rate regardless of local or long distance, @dopeytree.

This has been the case for donkey's years.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/ukcallcosts#uk

No longer a connection charge for these.

Plug in prices in the search engine on the forum if you need to check other types of call.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes