Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?miss sold TV Service

khodson
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

Hi 

I joined TT in July 18 and was led to believe the only way to  'record' TV was via selecting the TV Select/Boost package - I paid a one off fee for the TV + box and have since paid £7 pm. Since researching about the Opt Out £4 monthly fee I have found out this was incorrect as it was the box itself that recorded.

I switch from BT after many years due to their price rises. I explained at the time (via live chat) I used the internet, never used the phone line and only watched Freeview channels but wanted to have the ability to record (set up in advance). At no time was I told this was the actual box that did this and believe I was led to buy the TV/Boost package as the only way to set recordings in advance from live TV. I have never watched the Boost channels and in fact did not even know how to find them until my son showed me a month ago.

I have now stopped the TV Select/Boost via my account but was wondering if anyone else believes they were misled and the packages sold not explained fully.

I was also wondering how do I Opt out of the £4 price increase.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi @khodson

I have sent the request to have you Opt out of the TV charge. 

If you feel that you have been mis-sold please follow our complaints procedure

Regards

0 Likes