Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving home and security of broadband?

geoahope
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Hi folks

Moving home on 21st but, because within 30 days, contract with TT doesn't end until 28th.  Does this mean that the new owner of my house will be able to use my existing broadband account when / if he plugs in his own router?  Or, as i am sending  back all equipment, he is unable to use it until he sets up his own ISP provider  I'm uncomfortable with the prospect of somebody using broadband in my name.  Thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi geoahope,

Have sent you a PM requesting for some details.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Thank you, do you need any more info?

If not, thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Message 4 of 11

Thank you Arne, if you could put the block on the line to prevents calls and broadband use from 21st , that would be great.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi @geoahope

We can place a restriction on the line to stop any calls etc.

Hope that helps

Message 6 of 11

will do, thanks. just looking for a clear answer to give me peace of mind.

thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 11

Please stick to this thread, @geoahope.

I'll remove the duplicate that you posted today. 

Staff reply from oldest to newest, and it can take a few days to get a response. 

Best not to post further before staff pick this up.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

OK, I am not sure why they can't block the service from when you want? Wait for the support team here to pick this up and advise on that.

Message 9 of 11

Thanks, yes cancellation request is in with this and pending but because within 30 days, it will apparently not take effect until 28th.  Request to block service will also take 9 days from today, so waste of time doing that too. 😞

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

If you don't want your TalkTalk service to continue, or switch it to your new home, then you must cancel it. You can also ask that the service is barred from from further use on the date you move out. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737