Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house soon but told can't disconnect phone for 30 days

musogeeky
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 4

I have just got off the phone to Talktalk, I am moving on 29th June, and wanted to cancel my service (we are not taking it to the new address), was told that they need 30 days notice and are not able to disconnect the phone until 18th July.  I understand the notice, and I am happy to pay 30 days notice, however I think it is bizarre that they are unable to disconnect my phone.  Someone else will own the property from 29th June, and will potentially have access to my phone service - and it will also make it difficult for them to get a service set up in the mean time if they wanted to.

This seems very bizarre, it is not exactly secure, and it doesn't make sense.  I get the cancellation period, but just charge me the 30 days - no need to force me to keep the service at a property I won't own any more for the 30 days if I won't be living there.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4
0 Likes

Message 2 of 4
Thanks - have confirmed security and replied to PM
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi @musogeeky

We can add a bar to the account, which will stop any call charges being incurred after you have left. 

I need to confirm some security questions first so I have sent you a PM on the community.  

Thanks 

0 Likes