Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no retentions increase

guitarman3
Team Player
Message 13 of 13

hi guys. just been on to retensions and talked about the difference between the fibre 65 offer of £23.50 via email i received and the offer in my account for fibre 65 at £26. i was told the fibre65 via email of £23.50 was subject the price increases in april but the fibre 65 offer of £26 was a definate fixed price and would not increase for 18 months. she said she would give me the £26 offer at £24.95(which is what i am already paying) guaranteed for 18 months with no cpi increase or annual 3.9% increase whatsoever. i really need to confirm this as some have been offered similar deals only for the increase to suddenly appear later. has any one had the same or similar deal recently. cheers

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi guitarman3

The issue has been escalated to the relevant team. 

I will let you know when they reply to me. 

Sorry its taking so long. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

thanks Arne

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi guitarman3

Sorry that you are having problems.

I have asked the billing team to look into this as the speed boost was supposed to be removed in March. 

Regards

Message 4 of 13

hi ferguson. after i called them last month to ammend the bill i checked my account and the correct amount was debited but this months bill reverted back to wrong amount of £28 95 and not £23.95 which i agreed. they're just not removing the speed boost which i didn't agree to

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 13

Have you checked your Transaction history to see if any adjustment appears there?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

hi arn thanks for your reply. but just got my may bill and i've been overcharged again. this months bill is £28.95 again instead of the agreed £23.95. again they said it was for the fibre speed boost which i never agreed to. i was promised last month they would remove it but they haven't. called them today and i was assured the boost would be removed and the bill ammended for this month but just looked on my account and and the bill is still for £28.95 to be taken on the 27th. bit sick and tired of this. any chance you could look into this for me? much appreciated

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi @guitarman3

We don't send amended bills, you can check the bill amount by checking the transaction history in My Account. 

Regards

0 Likes

guitarman3
Team Player
Message 8 of 13

just been on to customer services for an hour. i was being charged for the fibre speed boost which i didn't agree to when i renewed. also charged for the speed boost for last month that's why it was so high. they agreed it was a mistake and have refunded me the difference for last and this month. ammended bill was £23.95 minus last and this months fibre speed boost cost so i should receive an ammended bill for £13.95. lets see what happens. thanks for your help. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 13

When it's the last month of a contract, part of the bill may be pro rata @ full price, @guitarman3, because the billing period and contract period are rarely the same. That may explain last month's odd figure. 

Check also whether they have added Supersafe boost or something else that you were not made aware of at the time.

It's odd, as Arne had already checked this for you, though!

I'll move this thread to the billing section and re-escalate it for you, @guitarman3.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

guitarman3
Team Player
Message 10 of 13

hi guys just got my latest bill and i'm being charged £28.50 pm not the £23.50 that was agreed when i renewed last month on the fibre 65 package. i was also charged £29.07 last month which i couldn't understand. please could someone look into this for me and sort it out. thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi @guitarman3

I can confirm the deal you have agreed is exactly what you have posted. 

Thanks for renewing. 

guitarman3
Team Player
Message 12 of 13

ok so just been onto tarik at customer loyalty team. agreed the fibre 65 deal for £23.95 fixed for 18mths. no cpi increase or annual 3.7% increase at all for the whole of the 18mth period. i did record the conversation as well for my own records so if there is any issues i have this to fall back on. hopefully it will be fine. if one of you nice oce's  could  please confirm the deal that would be great. thanks