Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price increase

FCUK30
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have received a email regarding a £2.50 increase for my fibre 35 plan. My contract does not run out until 1ST MARCH 2022 so how am i'm going to be paying more when it is a contract fixed for 12 months? Come on talk talk how is it you can offer new cheap packages for new customers and want me who is already paying way more then these new packages to pay increase prices. So unfair.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

chemitrol
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 6

So a "Fixed Low Price Guarantee" has always been a lie?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

@chemitrol, the version of Ts&Cs that existed previously did allow Talktalk the right to notify customers of price changes and allow 30 days to leave without penalty. 

This is the version of clause 16 that existed prior to March 2021:

16 MAKING CHANGES
16.1 We may need to change your services, equipment, charges or agreement for legal, regulatory
or business reasons. If so, we’ll tell you about this in writing or by publishing a notice or updated
terms and conditions on our website.
16.2 If a change is to your material detriment, we’ll give you at least 30 days' written notice (by letter,
email, SMS or via your monthly bill). If you object, you may end your agreement without charge
(other than accrued charges), provided you contact us (see paragraph 19 below) within 30 days
of receiving the notification. If the change is to your mobile agreement, you may only end your
mobile agreement as this is a standalone agreement, unless we’ve told you otherwise.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

chemitrol
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 6

I've received the same email telling me the price of my 18 month Fixed price package is to be increased by £2.50/month after only 6 months of signing up with TalkTalk.

This email also gives notice of a further increase to be applied next April of (CPI +3.7%). CPI is currently 2.1% annually (and set to rise), so the increase of my 18 month Fixed price package will be around 16.7% after only 16 months.

Your broadband package
Fixed price for 18 months
Fibre 65 and line rental

TalkTalk proudly boast of their "Plans with a Fixed Low Price Guarantee"..."Because value matters"

Plans with a Fixed Low Price Guarantee.PNG

What is the value of a GUARANTEE that can be overriden by TalkTalk?

The "Terms & Conditions" have been updated on 17 June 2021, these are not the Terms & conditions I agreed to in December 2020.

How do I get a copy of the terms I accepted?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi FCUK30

Sorry that you are unhappy with our decision to end the fixed price promise, our terms and conditions are always subject to change and clause 16 has always been there.  As ferguson has said a lot of customers have called us on 03451720046 and negotiated a new deal. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Sadly they can do this in line with their T&Cs as long as they give you the opportunity to leave without penalty within 30 days, as they have done here. Alternatively, get in touch with the customer loyalty team and see if you can negotiate an improved deal as many others have done. Call on 0345 172 0046. 

0 Likes