Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price rise

paulw3
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

So talk talk strike again. Con me into renewing my contract with them, monthly bill is only £27 saving me £2.50 a month. How they work that out as i was only paying £25.50 before, 1st bill comes £29 83.  Con Con Con Con!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk talk can stick their contract where the sun doesnt shine, take me to court see if i care. Def finding another supplier !!!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 1 of 10

@paulw3 ,

I'm not sure why you feel it is a "rip off" - You must have agreed to the price when renewing the contract. The £27 per month charge will be saving you money compared to the full (out of contract) price for your package, not necessarily compared to your previous contract.

How did you renew? Did you speak to the Loyalty Team? Did you ask them if they could do better if you weren't happy with £27?

TalkTalk staff have posted on this topic offering to help you if you are willing to let them. They should be able to explain your bill if you are still struggling to work it out. As someone else suggested, your latest bill may include a small period between contracts where you were paying full price for the package, for example.

They can probably cancel the £4 TV charge for you as well, but I'm not sure if you will get the 2 years' worth refund you are looking for. If it had been a  couple of months or so perhaps, but you get a bill produced every month so I think (just my personal opinion of course) that you need to take a little bit of the responsibility yourself for not noticing it for that length of time.

As for a company with someone you can talk to, in addition to staff on this forum who have offered to help you, you can contact TalkTalk by phone on 0345 172 0046 or via live chat here: Our live chat team - TalkTalk Help & Support (that page also includes the current phone and chat support opening hours)

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 10
0 Likes

paulw3
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 10

How do i cancel my contract? I have found another supplier who ...A Has someone i can talk to. B, is cheaper. C, wont rip me off!!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi @paulw3

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions 

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 10

OK, wait for the support team to pick this up as I said earlier and they can advise on the TV fee as well.

0 Likes

paulw3
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 10

Think i've sorted the info out you need now. Looking at the bill i would also like to know why i'm being charged £4 a month for a tv box i sent back 2 years ago??? Hope im going to be reimbursed for the last 2 years?? I have freeview so dont need talk talk and sent it back because of the cost. Someone at talk talk needs to do some checking. I'm nearly £100 out of pocket for a service i've never recieved

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

@paulw3 I was hoping you might check and post back before anyone else chipped in. But if your bill still isn't clear to you then please update your profile as advised by Gliwmaeden2 and the support team can look into it for you. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 10

For help from staff on here, @paulw3, you will need to complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Replies to previous issues were never followed up by you.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Poor-service/m-p/2820032

If this needs to be checked by them, ensure that you add your Talktalk landline number by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Have you checked the adjustments on your bill? Did your contract expire before you renewed and took out the new deal?