Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Community" service on yahoo.co.uk email address

Sheepdog2020
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

I use many forums. Have used forums for many years. Entirely support the "confirm email address by responding to email" method of fighting against spammers.

WHEN THE FORUM OPERATOR RUNS IT PROPERLY.

When I tried to register to participate in the TalkTalk forum, I did so from a yahoo.co.uk email address. (I searched the "community" on that before posting this... no hits.)

It took HOURS for the "confirm email address" email to arrive. And when it did, it was in spam folder. (Yes- I did look there back at the start of when the email should have arrived.)

And when I went into the email, clicked the link, there was no confirmation that the process had been successful. I had to go back to my account details inside the community.TT website to discover email was confirmed.

So... a problem at the yahoo.co.uk end? If so, why do I do this process without hassle elsewhere? Or a problem inside the Talk Talk system? Given my experiences with other parts of that system, I know where my bet lies.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi Sheepdog2020

Welcome to the community,

If you Yahoo mail classed the confirmation as spam there is nothing we can do about that. 

What was the timestamp on the confirmation email?

0 Likes