Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"order from TalkTalk on it's way" email from Yodel - haven't ordered anything

Rognvald
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

Received an email this morning from Yodel saying my order will arrive today.

I haven't ordered anything from TalkTalk. 

Can someone check if this is genuine and what it might be?

Thanks.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Mine seems to be working so far. Laptop, printer and TV all connected fine. Speed seems to have increased slightly as well...

0 Likes

Rosemary Howe
Participant
Message 2 of 15

So TalkTalk are sending me another new router, let's see if that one works. Rognvald, would be interested to know if yours is okay.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Rosemary Howe post in the broadband section and the team can try to help. 

0 Likes

Rosemary Howe
Participant
Message 4 of 15

I received a new router last week, only got the email today. I installed the new one and lost my internet so went back to the old one (also Thomson). When I asked why it didn't work, was told to continue using the Thomson!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

@emmah Remember that gift horse you mentioned earlier?  🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

TalkTalk just sent me both an email and a text message today explaining why they sent the router (they're upgrading the line) - a bit late! 🙄

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 15

@emmah I tend to agree, even when they are doing something helpful they seem to make a mess of it. Unexpected messages like that can only only cause confusion and possible concern. TalkTalk have copious advice available to customers about security and possible scams, they should do better to observe best practice themselves. 

0 Likes

emmah
Team Player
Message 9 of 15

I got a mystery email from Yodel today too, and it turned out to be a free router to replace my very old one. 

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it might be a good idea for Talk Talk to at least give some notice via email and an idea of what the mystery parcel will be!

Message 10 of 15

Oh OK, that must be over 10 years old, we dont upgrade the firmware on that so it could be a security risk, so the router is a free gift which wont have any effect on your service. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hello,

I still have the old Thomson one from the Tiscali days, it's working fine and I've never had any problems with it.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi @Rognvald

Thanks for the update, what router did you have before the replacement?

0 Likes

Rognvald
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 15

The order has arrived, it's a free new router upgrade apparently. I'll test it out at the weekend to see if is any better than my current one.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

There's a chance that this won't be picked up today ahead of the delivery anyway, @Rognvald.

Don't click on any links etc, just in case. Phone 03451 720046 or check through Chat.

Link with turquoise background lower down on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes