Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to pay by card

martcaster
Participant
Message 16 of 16

I've been unable to pay my Mobile bill for the past 3 quarters. Reason being that, although I'm properly logged in, as soon as I choose Make A Card Payment the screen greys out and freezes. I've tried it via Windows 8.1, W/10 Home & W/10 Pro. I keep the phone for my wife's emergency use in the car and am worried the connection will be suspended. Any ideas, anyone? BTW Is the 'Chat' feature now finished?

Thank you.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi martcaster,

Pleased this has been resolved, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks for letting us know,

Jo

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 16

Hurrah, @martcaster, what a relief for you!

Rather baffling that the screen problem suddenly cleared up - maybe somebody tweaked something after you had reported it on here?

All's well that ends well.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 16

That is great, thanks for letting us know.  🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

I've had one more final attempt to pay by card; and, UNBELIEVABLY!! the screen did not grey out and my payment has been accepted!! No idea how/why. But, hey!! I'm in the clear.

Thanks, once again, for your help/interest.

MV

Message 5 of 16

I'm really sorry about this, martcaster.

ferguson sent over a link earlier with other ways to pay your mobile bill. Do you have access to online banking, if so here are the details:

Bank Name: HSBC

Account name: TalkTalk Telecom

Account number: 71815105

Sort Code: 40-05-30 

Please use your TalkTalk mobile account number as the reference number. 

Thanks,

Jo

Message 6 of 16

This is becoming a nightmare!! I've just telephoned the Mobile number given to me by 'Jo'. They have bounced me around 4 different people when I have clearly explained that I want to pay my bill. I have my account number and my card details to hand and STILL no-one will take my money. What does it take???

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Apologies, have you tried calling our Mobile Team on 0345 172 0044?

Thanks,

Jo

Message 8 of 16

Guys! I'm really grateful for the help you are offering re. this problem; but none of the links 'establishes' correctly without the screen graying out. I'll go to my bank tomorrow and try to make a payment via transfer. Meantime, thanks again for your interest.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hello, Jo.

NO! I have not made a payment, much as I would like to, because every time the link for 'Make A Card Payment' option establishes my screen greys out. I have 2 desktop PCs and 2 laptops using Windows 10 Pro, W/10 Home edition and W/8.1 and this happens on all 4 machines. I have also tried setting up a D/Debit from the same account my B/Band bill is paid but your system beats me at every turn.
All I want to do is pay what I owe (£9) in order to maintain my wife's emergency phone, but your system seems determined to frustrate me. Can't someone just phone me on my landline number and take my payment?? PLEASE!!
0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi martcaster,

Have you made a payment using our payments line since your last message?

In regards to making a payment via My Account, have you ever been able to make a payment using this method? Jo

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 16

@martcaster Just make sure that you make clear it is your mobile bill you want to pay, further details here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Paying-your-mobile-bill/ta-p/2204452

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 16

@martcaster, the second link I gave you shows all methods for paying, and, as above,  these include simply phoning up to get the job done.

There are ongoing problems in My Account, so sorting out how it is displaying may take longer.

When staff reach your thread, they will need to identify your account from your Talktalk landline number, in the profile area of the forum. 

To complete your community forum profile details, please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

They can check how your account is working, or tell you if it needs to wait for a wider fix.

This board is not manned every day, but your thread is in a queue for attention. 

Let us know if you have managed to make the payment. Please also look out for a reply from TT staff on here later in the week.

They will not phone you  - this is an ONLINE forum. All communication is done on this thread, unless they request that you reply via Private Message.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 16

You can pay over the phone using an automated service, call 0345 172 0040.

0 Likes

martcaster
Participant
Message 14 of 16

I note that you are a fellow customer, so thanks for your help. BUT I cannot access any means of payment because every/any link to accessing payment facilities becomes greyed out as soon as the link is established, whichever computer or laptop or version of Windows I use. I only owe £9, but it represents 3 quarters and I don't want to be cut off. If any TalkTalk staff are reading this would you please telephone me on our landline number so we can resolve it. PLEASE!! (thanks, once again, for trying to help)

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

The Chat feature is available on the blue button link, live 9am:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Alternative methods of payment are listed here, @martcaster, which don't all require you to use My Account:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Payment-methods-and-paying-your-bill/ta-p/2204899

0 Likes