Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to renew faster fibre to fibre65

blodwynblod
Whizz Kid
Message 31 of 31

hello talk talk( more like silentsilent!) , dido harding has gone and is now messing up the NHS so why are the problems still here. I had a notification that my contract was ending with a link to renew to fibre65 from faster fibre, I tried several times to use the link but nothing happened, eventually it said order accepted we will email with the new contract details within 10 days but so far nothing and no order or order details appear in my account, I cannot use the MY ACCOUNT to do anything I have tried to change boosts and delete call diversion ( £3 a month) which has just appeared which I have never ordered but the page just refreshes whatever link I click with zero happenening . I have tried the upgrade offer link on the account page to see what would happen and the page says fibre65 not available at my address. Anyone able to help with this as the community solved my last problem when TALKtTALK failed to address it .

thanks Blodwyn

PS I have posted this in broadband also since the problem also involves ahy fibre would not be available and inability to use my account I could not pick a correct subject section

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Hi blodwynblod

Sorry you had problems. 

I have requested a new router to be sent to you. 

Regards

0 Likes

blodwynblod
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 31

hi all you have to laugh , my talktalk hub has started cutting out we had no broadband on wednesday ,with the hub just flashing red all day from early morning to 3pm when a line test was done showing no problem , then I phoned the tech number and they tested the line and said nothing was wrong and the router started working again as I was speaking to them , then I had a message the fault on your line has been repaired it may take up to 48 hours to stabilise. It' still cutting out at intervals with the red flashing light , can I get  new hub it's sagecom?

it's NEVER dull here 

Regards BB

0 Likes

Message 3 of 31

Again to reiterate Openreach are no longer providing FTTC Copper based services in your area (know as a Stop Sell area) The only packages that we can offer you is full fibre FTTP packages, so in this instance My Account is incorrect and should not be offering Fibre 35/65 as they have been removed from our provisioning system. 

The boosts were requested to be removed on the 23rd they came off on the 24th, however the bill is prepared 72 hours previous to being produced and displayed in My Account so the removal of the boosts and the bill have crossed, they overcharges will be returned on the next bill

I can only apologize for the confusion caused here

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 31

@blodwynblod, you should NOT be "putting in your address".

If you are talking to agents on the phone / Chat they should be setting this up for you, after they have ascertained exactly what is available. 

I don't understand why you appear to be trying to do this yourself online!

However, should you choose to leave,  you can continue to use your email addresses as described in this article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-TalkTalk-Mail-Plus/ta-p/2374203

The price is a fraction of what you currently pay:

20220301_173817.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

blodwynblod
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 31

hi arne , yes as you advised I have used both chat and telephone and have in both cases had the agent confirm fibre 65 and that the boosts had been removed but nothing has happened so TT have agents that make commitments on behalf of the company that are not fulfilled or are impossible talking ( or chatting) to the people about the difference between FTTP and FTTC is like talking to a brick wall it looks like talktalk could easily give me a fibre 65 contract but their policy is to offer it only to new customers, since the appearance of a new unasked for standard contract the fibre 65 option availability for a new customer now disappears when I put in my address. if it was not for the inconvenience of changing all my e-mail addresses I would have left last week and paying £25 a month just to keep the addresses live would make no sense.

regards and thanks for the assistance

BB

0 Likes

Message 6 of 31

@blodwynblod

Call the number given previously (034517200880 after updating you security password 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 31

That's why we keep saying phone or use Chat, @blodwynblod .....

0 Likes

blodwynblod
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 31

talktalk are now offering two packaqges that I can't have what a brilliant service, when I enter my address it says not available 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 31

Billing and the end of contract date rarely coincide, and you receive notification of the bill a couple of days after it's been made up, @blodwynblod.

Whatever isn't used because of cancelling previously-held boosts should be refunded on the next bill, unless you had them for less than a month.

To discuss a new package, you really are better phoning them up or using Chat  - just avoid the online offers as they seem to be causing so much stress. 

0 Likes

blodwynblod
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 31

My contract expired yesterday the original offer that I could not get has gone and two new offers are there fibre 65 with amazon echo for £27 a month and fibre 65 for £26 a month ( original offer fibre 65 for £24 a month, new customers fibre 65 for £20 a month) if I click on either offer and then put my address in it says sorry we are unable to provide this service in your area (despite fibre 65 being a FTTC service which we already have installed ) i have previously cancelled three boosts on the phone but the new bill 25th feb to 24 march includes all three still so it looks like £ 30 down the drain - GREAT!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 31

@blodwynblod, to keep track of your posts, click on your avatar/name and in the profile area you'll see a tab called "ACTIVITY". You should be able to see all recent correspondence on your threads there.

When signed out, you can still see your list of posts if you click on your name.

I'll move your redundant thread out of public view, and support staff can then delete it when they have time. 

0 Likes

blodwynblod
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 31

hi yes you can delete the other post , my contract has ended and I have two new offers for fibre 65 in MY ACCOUNT neither can be completed as on entering my address it says my area is not suitable yet half the people in the street have FTTC and an anonymous application to talktalk using the same address or a friends a couple of doors down goes through without problem to the final commitment for £20 a month as opposed to £26 and £27 on my offers , I thought this was illegal now , I also cannot easily find my posts only the PMs are listed in my account is yet another item missing from a menu?

regards

BB

0 Likes

Message 13 of 31

Hi @blodwynblod

In order to set your telephone password when your access My Account ensure that pop-up/adblockers are disabled for My Account as they can hinder the site. 

What post do you want to delete?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 14 of 31

It seems that the option to delete would only show for a short while after posting, to allow you to change your mind, @blodwynblod, but after that the post is permanent. 

It can be moved to "containment" by staff or CSs. Let me know if you want that done. Is it the duplicate thread that I mentioned in my first reply on here?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 15 of 31

I'll need to check behind the scenes for you, @blodwynblod. I would have thought that you should at least have editing options for correcting typos or adding information and the option of delete of your own posts in a section above the options you have displayed. 

Will let you know, but may take time to find out.

0 Likes

blodwynblod
Whizz Kid
Message 16 of 31

this the pop up menu I get from the three dots

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 17 of 31

Would you like me to move a displayed thread out of the way, @blodwynblod?

Deletion may be one of the tools I have as a CS that you might not have  (I can't remember...).

Post the link here so that I can remove the posts out of the way for you, or send me a PM if you prefer. 

0 Likes

blodwynblod
Whizz Kid
Message 18 of 31

as I have said there is no delete button  on the page the three dots produce a menu with ZERO delete options I will try to show a screenshot but the resolution is too poor in the first attempts

BB

0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

@blodwynblod, to the right of any post you have added are three vertical dots. Click there to see options for editing your posts. The delete option is the 4th item down. 

The Chat link is as I gave you in my very first reply in this thread, but you can also find it by simply putting Chat in the search engine near the top of the forum pages.

The blue button to activate Chat looks like this:

Screenshot_20220223-231442_Firefox.jpg

It will be available again live from 9am.

0 Likes

blodwynblod
Whizz Kid
Message 20 of 31

how do you delete a post I can't find any delete button meanwhile there is no chat available now on any page with any( default ) browser the upgrade offer has disappeared from MY ACCOUNT - does that mean the upgrade is active and going through? boosts are still being billed despite numerous attempts to cancel them current contract expires tomorrow , it's like waiting for exam results , fingers crossed that's digital technology( get it?) I also found a box to tick that says ignore HTML so I don;t now get the messege invalid HTML has been found in your message 

0 Likes