Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited uk call boost

steveo1912
Participant
Message 13 of 13

I have been trying unsuccessfully to turn this boost off. I have got to page it is on and unticked it then updated it but it will not allow me to confirm the update. A discount runs out and I wanted to turn it off before I was charged the full price.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi @steveo1912

Thank you for confirming security 

I can see that the boost has been removed, on your next bill, as you have paid in advance for a now disabled boost that amount paid will automatically show as a credit on your next bill. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi @steveo1912

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 13

@steveo1912 If you still cannot cancel via My Account the quickest alternative will be to contact customer services directly and ask them to do it for you, call 0345 172 0046, or try Live chat.  

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 13

@steveo1912, unfortunately you wouldn't have been in time to stop the charge being applied yesterday as the bill would have already been made up by then. 

Sometimes My Account doesn't function properly while the bill is being made up. Sometimes My Account just doesn't function properly anyway.

Either way, I don't think you would have been in time for the change to take effect on this bill.

However, if it's just the continuation of the old phone boost, you should be able to remove it any time this month and have the balance credited back pro-rata on your NEXT bill.

20210716_090340.jpg

Staff will clarify everything and look into the My Account issue when they reach this thread. They respond Monday to Friday, so if it's not picked up today, don't post further till you hear back from them. 

You need to keep your place in the queue for attention and further posting will delay it.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 13

Just tried that and still not working but thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

@steveo1912the only other thing I can think of is to try disabling any add-blockers you may have running.  Otherwise the best thing to do is wait for a response from a member of the TalkTalk staff.

0 Likes

steveo1912
Participant
Message 7 of 13

this is definitely not working I have tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox now and if you click on the padlock it tells you pop-ups are allowed on all the browsers and still no pop-up to confirm this change.

0 Likes

steveo1912
Participant
Message 8 of 13

I am using Edge, but have also tried Chrome where the page is just blank showing no Home Phone Calling Boosts and Privacy Features whatsoever.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

@steveo1912 If you are using Firefox I suggest you try using a different browser, eg Edge, or Chrome.  I say this because I've had problems accessing parts of my account with Firefox in the past.

0 Likes

steveo1912
Participant
Message 10 of 13

oh and now my bill has come through and i have been charged full amount.

0 Likes

steveo1912
Participant
Message 11 of 13

still no joy on that front, can you turn this off before a boost end date?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Make sure pop ups are enabled in your browser page and then a confirmation message should appear.

0 Likes