Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade contract

easyy102
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

A few weeks ago, I received an email from TalkTalk about the end of my contract and gave me some options, I chose the second option which was to upgrade to Fibre 65 for 23.50 a month. Fast forward to about 3 weeks later, I am yet to receive a confirmation email

MK
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @easyy102

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions 

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

@easyy102, the information in that email concerning call charges is NOT actually correct.

The current price for ordinary landline calls is listed as:

Screenshot_20220308-221430_Chrome.jpg

So this statement in the email is also factually incorrect:

20220308_221235.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

@easyy102, several customers have had this happen, and needed to set the renewal up afresh by phoning 03451 720088 or using Chat, after 9am. 

The link to Chat is here, along with full details of opening hours:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Ways-of-contacting-us/ta-p/2230529

I'll notify staff too, to check whether this is one of these similar cases, and move this to the billing section. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

No it doesn't show that the package has been upgraded. Here is the email I received about the offer.

Dear ------,
Now more than ever, we’re all realising how important it is to stay connected with friends and family online. We’ve seen many of our customers increase their usage over the last few months, using their internet to work from home, stream their favourite Netflix shows, catch up with friends and family on Zoom video calls, and much more.
Now that you’re coming towards the end of your Faster Fibre and Line Rental contract on 13 March 2022, which costs you £25.50 per month, we want to highlight some of the options available to you going forward. As part of our commitment to Fairer Broadband for all of our customers, we’ve highlighted these potential next steps for you below, along with instructions on how you can take out these offers should you wish.
The first option available for you is that you can stay on your existing service and automatically move to a new price of £33.95 per month. We also recently got in touch to let you know your contract is going up, meaning you’ll pay a little extra from 17 April 2021 until your contract ends. You don’t have to do anything at all, just sit back and enjoy your great value connection whilst we handle everything else. You’ll be then out of contract with maximum flexibility to upgrade with us any time you like.
The second option available to you is upgrading to one of our faster products, such as Fibre 65. It’ll cost you just £23.50 per month for 18 months. Your estimated average download speed on a new Fibre 65 tariff is 61 - 74 Mb/s, and your guaranteed download speed is 55 Mb/s. Click here to order now.
The third option available for you is to move onto a new, matching Fibre 35 and Line Rental contract for £23.50 per month for another 18 months. Click here to order now.
Prices listed do not include charges for any other additional services, such as calling boosts or security. If you wish to review all of your products, services and available offers, visit My Account.
Got a question about your contract?
View some of our most frequently asked questions.
After your contract ends, you can change to another provider without any early termination charges, or you can stay on your existing service. If you decide to leave before then, we require 30 days’ notice.
You can find out more here.
Your TalkTalk Team

Please do not reply to this email, emails are not monitored.
Your monthly price for Faster Fibre will increase from April 2022 every year, by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation plus 3.7%. Price includes line rental charges; unlimited calls between TalkTalk landlines up to 180 minutes and access to TalkTalk TV Store (with on demand movies and TV content), Netflix and BT Sport (all available at an additional cost to your package). Unless you take a separate Calling Boost, all calls are charged at the standard rate of 18p per minute for UK Landlines. This will rise to 21p per month from 1st May 2021. Calls to 084, 087, 09 and 118 numbers have an access charge of 12.5p per minute. All other chargeable calls are subject to a connection fee (currently 23p). This will be removed after 1st May 2021. Packages are subject to certain conditions and we need you to pay by Direct Debit. If you need an engineer, we will contact you.
Fibre 65 with 18 month minimum contract, £23.50 per month. Monthly cost will rise yearly each April in line with Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation + 3.7%. For more information head to talktalk.co.uk/legal. Offer ends at 26/05/2021 23.59. Check Fibre availability on our website. Package does not include free SuperSafe, and customers currently with 1 free licence, will have this removed.
Fibre 35 with 18 month minimum contract, £23.50 per month. Monthly cost will rise yearly each April in line with Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation + 3.7%. For more information head to talktalk.co.uk/legal. Offer ends at 26/05/2021 23.59. Check Fibre availability on our website. Package does not include free SuperSafe, and customers currently with 1 free licence, will have this removed.
Estimated Fibre speed: Speeds will vary depending on a number of different factors. We’ve estimated your speeds on a line checker with Openreach which also checks to see if the Fibre 65 available is at least 40 Mb/s. If you receive speeds lower than the minimum estimated speed please get in touch with us.
Existing customers: Customers need to be active for at least 30 days on a plan before taking up a new offer. If you're still within the minimum term of your old contract and you cancel your plan during your cooling off period, you'll be put back onto the equivalent of your previous package and contract term.
The offer in this email is intended for the account holder only, and may not be available to other customers. All prices correct at 26/02/2022. For full terms and conditions, please visit talktalk.co.uk/policies and for prices and rates visit talktalk.co.uk/pricing.
This is not a marketing email.
© TalkTalk Telecom Limited, Soapworks, Ordsall Lane, Salford, M5 3TT
Registered in England & Wales No. 4633015.

MK
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @easyy102,

If you log into 'My Account' does it show that your package has been upgraded, i.e. has the contract end date now moved on to a date further in the future ?

0 Likes