cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

1 device slow download speed (firestick)

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, I have had a firestick on the WiFi for over 6 months now. Over the past couple of weeks internet speed to the firestick has dropped to a download speed of around 4-6mbps. All other devices on the WiFi are running at 65+mbps. I have tried connecting the firestick through ethernet. I have reset the firestick I have tried everything. The only thing I have found online that it could be is ISP throttling. Has anyone had issues with this before or does anyone have any other suggestions on how to resolve my issue. Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

Log into the router and manually change the SSID (Wi Fi) name of the 5ghz channel.

I often find it is better to keep the 2 broadcast channels separate.  For example, I have changed mine, and call one Home2Ghz and the other Home5Ghz.  

Some devices can drop the connection when the SSID's remain the same.

Also, you can try manually setting the wifi channel  for each broadcast channel. Try channel 6 for the 2ghz channel and 44 for the 5ghz channel.

There are apps you can download that can show the wireless channels in use.  For example I use WiFi analyser for Android to show the wifi channels in use around me and this allows me to set the least congested channel.

Give this a try and see if the firestick connection improves.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES