Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4Ghz devices keep disconnecting

millet2010
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

Hi, I have a couple of devices connected to my router that need 2.4Ghz and can’t use 5Ghz. These devices keep disconnecting from the router and won’t reconnect? Do I need a new router? Can I purchase a generic one to connect to TalkTalk? Tony.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Tony,

It's showing that it's out for delivery today, looks like it will probably be with you within the next hour or two.

Chris

Message 2 of 10

Hi, still no router 😔 I got an email from Yodel in the 24th saying it was out for delivery but the driver experienced a short delay and tracking still showing as same for the last three days, arriving today!

Can I please ask you to check with the courier as I cannot contact them? Thank you, Tony

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Message 4 of 10

Thank you 😊 I will definitely let you know if this resolves the issue.

Have a great day 😊

Tony.

Message 5 of 10

Hi Tony

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thank you, you too 🙂

Debbie

Message 6 of 10

Hi Michelle, that would be great thank you. It’s only a recent happening and despite trying a few different things, no luck. 

It’s a shame I do need 2.4 for a couple of devices as everything else is stable and good on 5.

Thank you for your assistance and I will get the old one back to you when the new one arrives.

have a good day, Tony.

Message 7 of 10

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Message 8 of 10

Hi there and thank you for replying. I have changed the channel and still not working to keep 2.4Ghz devices connected.

Hopefully a reply from TalkTalk team soon? I don’t want to try a generic router but the devices I have that need 2.4 can’t use 5 😞

Thanks again, Tony.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @millet2010,

What model of router do you have ?

You may be suffering from Wi-Fi interference (e.g. a neighbour having a router broadcasting on the same, or similar, channel to yours). You could try changing the channel that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

If trying the above makes no difference then it may indicate an issue with the router, the staff here would be able to help with that, and could supply a replacement router if they thought yours was faulty.

You can use a non TalkTalk router if you want to, but you would have to configure it to be able to connect to the TalkTalk service : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383