Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

2.4ghz channel keeps disconnecting

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

5ghz works great.  I have cameras and lights that only works on 2.4ghz.  I reset, it works for about 4 hours and then all the devices on the 2.4ghz stop working. I reset again and it works again.  The cycle repeats. I'm sure it's something to do with the names or channels but that's about as far as I know.  I've seen other issues similar but I'm not sure if it's the same and I don't know what to do next.  Feel if I go straight through to talk talk help they will just tell me to reset again.  Any ideas anyone please? 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Scuba78 ,

There are a few things you could try to see if it is Wi-Fi interference causing the problems.

Split the SSID's on the router, this will allow you to give the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks different names, so your Wi-Fi devices will then see those two networks separately.

Change the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

If trying the above makes no difference then that may indicate a fault with your router, which the staff here would be able to help with.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Scuba78,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi

Lizaed Systems Wi-Fi Scanner..png

https://lizardsystems.com/wi-fi-scanner/

You could just try something like the above if you have a supported device.

I know nothing about BroadBand, but that does not stop me trying, and I am trying.
Highlighted
First Timer
I split the names which I'm wondering if that might be some of the problem. It only started doing this in July though and I think I split them a while ago. I've updated my profile with my name etc. Thanks
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Scuba78

Apologies for the delay.

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version. Please can you try factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie