Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 days of no phone and degraded download speed.

mkpdavies
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

What do I need to do to get an answer on why my phone has been dead for 3 days and broadband is flaky and slow? Phoning is a waste of time as they boot you into a terrible messaging system. Online chat is less useful.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi mkpdavies,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

An engineer just showed up out of the blue today and has sorted it. In face he fixed the water damaged box outside and also made us aware that the master socket we thought we were right next to, was infant wired to go around the whole house, so the office socket we do use was about as far from the master as you could get, even though it is literally right next to it physically. The engineer very helpfully switched our master socket to be in the office with the result that not only is it all fixed and working, but we now have ping speeds of 8ms instead of 17ms! Result!

Thanks for getting it sorted. But please, get the support desk fixed as that truly is abysmal now. If that’s what digital transformation brings, take me back to analogue!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi mkpdavies

This fault is under investigation with a BT Openreach line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Day 5 of no phone now and really poor download speed. This is not delivering a service now by any stretch of the imagination. The complete lack of useful updates is appalling. Looks like I’m going to have to start looking elsewhere.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi mkpdavies

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes