Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL has slowed right down

notmyrealname
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

I'm in a rural location 4km from the cabinet, so line attenuation is 62.5dB which has been working well at 2Mb for the past few years, totally reliable with no slowdowns or dropouts.

Last week there were a series of thunderstorms and power cuts. Since then the internet connection has slowed right down. Downstream rate is stuck at 761 Kbps, but attainable rate is 2728 Kbps.

I've waited a week but there's no change in the speed.

I've tried a different router (Billion 7800DXL) and it connects at exactly the same 761 Kbps speed.

I've tried switching the router off for an hour. Still 761 Kbps.

I'm getting zero super frame errors, and zero uncorrectable errors. SNR margin is 7.3 dB.

Voice call quality is great, there's no audible interference on the line.

Is there something that needs to be reset at the exchange, to make it speed back up again, now that there are no longer thunderstorms and power cuts?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

notmyrealname
Chatterbox
Message 1 of 6

Hi there,

My internet speed has been good for several months now. However, I think that Openreach were working on the cables recently, and as a result my download speed has gone down to 1018kbps. My router is reporting 2464kbps attainable, so it looks like it's being limited at the exchange again.

Please could you optimise my connection again?

Many Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 6

Hi notmyrealname,

I'm glad to hear that the speed has improved 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Amazing, thanks!

I was just checking it earlier this morning, 2 days uptime, 761kbps.

Then I looked back at it a few minutes ago, 5 mins uptime, 2045kbps.

Whatever you did has put it back to normal.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi notmyrealname,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've optimised the connection now, please let us know how the speeds compare.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @notmyrealname ,

The TalkTalk staff on this forum won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help. They will be able to check your connection and see if they can do anything to get your speed back to normal.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.