Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An end of one year long nightmare with talktalk?

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 25 of 25

I AGAIN ASK TALKTALK WHEN WILL THEY STOP THIS APPALLING TREATMENT OF A VULNERABLE CUSTOMER OF 13 YEARS? WHEN?

WHEN WILL THEY ADMIT IT WAS UNACCEPTABLE FOR THEM TO ITAKE 3 MONTHS TO DENTIFY A FAULTY TALKTALK ROUTER AND THAT WAS ONLY AFTER AN OUTSIDE COMPANY GOT INVOLVED, WITHOUT THEM TALKTALK WOULD HAVE CONTINUED DOING NOTHING!

WHEN WILL THEY ADMIT THAT IT WAS UNCONSCIONABLE TO PENALIZE THIS CUSTOMER £60 (IN EFFECT STEAL £60 FOR WAITING 3 WEEKS FOR AN ENGINEER WHO NEVER BOTHERED TO TURNUP OR EVEN CALL) WHAT KIND OF COMPANY WOULD STEAL FROM A VULNERABLE CUSTOMER WHEN THEY ARE AT FAULT? THEY ARE ALWAYS CLAIMING IS THEIR PRIORITY? ONLY TALK IS CAPABLE OF THIS!

When will I get back the stolen money, an apology for months of hell they put me through because they wouldn't call Openreach and they, a broadband provider couldn't even diagnose a faulty talktalk router? when will I get a fair compensation for all this? 

when will someone from talktalk put an end to this? All that time ceo office not only did nothing to help but they haven't stopped sh****** on this customer for their own mistakes, WHEN? HOW LONG WILL THIS GO ON AND ME HAVING A HEART PROBLEM ON TOP? IS IT TOO MUCH TO EXPECT A SHRED OF DECENCY, HUMANITY, FAIRNESS EVEN FROM TALKTALK,IS IT?

I want to go to a decent provider that will provide me a decent service, that will not lie to me, that will not make me wait 3 weeks for an engineer that doesn't bother to turnup, a company that does not steal from me and when I complain sh** on me.

Just end this nightmare and let me go.

Disgusted
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

@martswain I don't know who locked the previous topic, it certainly wasn't me. I was assuming OCE/management which is why I have flagged this separately. It really isn't for me to do so, unless a topic descends into complete disarray. 

Message 2 of 25

@ferguson maybe it's time for a padlock as this is obviously going nowhere.

The OP is no longer a TT customer by their own admission so locking all their topics and letting current customers read them and make up their own minds about what happened is probably best.

The seemingly confrontational exchanges with the CEO office may not have been one way, however we will never get the company version of what happened.

Message 3 of 25

My point is that I have no idea what internal testing you did, if any, before the engineer arrived. A faulty router can usually be identified quite easily with a bit of cooperation from the customer. 

Anyway, as others have said, for the sake of your own health perhaps it is best to draw a line under all this now. 

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 25

You don't understand, it was ONLY AFTER  the Openreach engineer came and suspected a router problem THAT talktalk replaced the router, whose responsibilty was the faulty  TALKTALK router?What exactly is your point?

Have you ever had to go for months with daily disconnections and sometimes unable to connect and the provider does nothing? PLEASE ANSWER!

Disgusted
0 Likes

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 25

If that makes you want to shout, what do you think me having to go through this nightmare did? You still have no idea, have you?

FORGET about my heart condition and vulnerable customers, only reason I mentioned it because EVERY TIME I call talktalk, this is a message I have to hear (with disbelief) I wonder if they themselves actually believe it, but the question is this, do I really need to be a  vulnerable customer to be treated decently? Then I was a customer of  12 years with ZERO complaints, that counted for nothing?  Is it OKAY for a HEALTHY person to  be left with daily disconnections for 3 months?  to be lied to? To make him wait 3 weeks for an engineer who never turned up? and getting penalized on TOP? When I tell people, they find it hard to believe.

This has not only incensed me but I lost my faith in humanity, I believed that most people are decent , humane, fair but the treatment I got from ceo office changed all that, never experienced this level of callousness before, an employee who would give me a phone number knowing fully well she had NO INTENTION of talking to me, numerous phone calls and messages, she did not deem worthy a single reply, she actually threatened me with suspension of service on top, unbelievable .

Anyway there is nothing more to say, there is nothing I can do or say that would make them care or treat people decently, NOTHING will change unfortunately ,NOTHING.

Disgusted
0 Likes

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 25

Im still confused as in to why you are posting here as I asked you what is is exactly you wanted and your reply was nothing.

You have had a rant which is fair enough and your entitled to but clearly its not making you feel any better.

As everyone keeps saying time to move on.

Especially as you say you dont want anything.

Message 7 of 25

I think we have all realised and agree that BT/Openreach cannot be held responsible for a faulty TalkTalk router. What puzzles me is that you are so angry about them not coming out for 3 months in what turned out to be a pointless exercise? Were you the one who was insisting on an engineer visit, rather than looking at internal issues?

0 Likes

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 25

NO. BT cannot act without instructions from talktalk, and talktalk did not contact them until I contacted Resolver who contacted talktalk, talktalk kept insisting that they could not see a problem at their end ,ONLY THEN talktalk contacted BT and Openreach came, it turned out  all the time a faulty talktalk router was to blame, you blame BT for this?  Can you think of an internet provider that would take 3 months to identify a faulty router? In the mean time I was experiencing daily disconnections and sometimes unable to connect at all, have you ever gone with months of daily disconnections and sometimes unable to connect and the provider does NOTHING?

Disgusted
0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

@Ramzy , now my turn to shout, LET IT GO !

Close your account here and put it all to bed for the sake of your sanity and health.

Get in touch with BT and see if they class you as a vulnerable customer and then register as such if they do.

(You never did say if you actually registered as such with TT via your online account or otherwise.)

0 Likes

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 25

@Ramzy wrote:

Have you ever waited 3 weeks for an engineer who never turned up or even call AND you got penalized for it?

Yes actually

23 days I had an issue with a crossed line.

Mainly down to the fact those clowns at BT

Rather then do the job properly and make sure that when they do the repair they make sure everyones line is connected back up correctly but no thats far to easy for them.

Instead all they did was randomly join the wires back together leaving loads of people in the village with the wrong phone number and expect us to ring our providers and have them to arrange another engineer to come out and fix their orignal mess.

I was told an engineer was booked but one never came to my house which for a crossed line they have no reason to and nor did I hear of one either on the day and funny enough the fault wasnt fixed.

You can try and guess who was at fault out of BT and TalkTalk for them not turning up but ultimately for me if BT did there job right in the first place then this would of never happened and it wouldnt of taken over 3 weeks to sort.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

I am guessing that your brother had an issue that the engineer could fix, as opposed to your faulty router?

0 Likes

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 25

Maybe but you really think this was about £60? Do you? As a customer of 13 years did I really deserve to be treated like this? All I wanted from talktalk was to fix my connection problems, sometimes I was unable to connect at all, a service I am paying them for, for 3 MONTHS they did NOTHING, I had to contact an outside company for them to act, they could have had this fixed so quickly and spared me this ordeal but they NEVER bothered, it took them 3 months to diagnose a faulty talktalk router, really?  Do you know how many times I was lied to? But what the worst thing and what I find unforgivable was they actually PENALIZED me TWICE for their own mistakes, they promised me compensation 8th August 2020 but they did the opposite, can you tell what other decent company would do this? 

When I think that my brother is with BT  had it his problem dealt with an engineer visit in 2 DAYS and the hell talktalk put me through for 3 MONTHS and only after resolver got involved they bothered to act, would YOU have accepted this?  Have you ever waited 3 weeks for an engineer who never turned up or even call AND you got penalized for it?

Disgusted
0 Likes

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Not really if im honest.

For someone who says they have a heart condition you dont seem to be helping it.

You have left and got your £60 back.

Your already under the impression that you will never get an apology so now would be a good time to move on and stop worrying about something your not expecting to get.

If I had a heart condtion the last thing I would be doing is getting myself worked up over an apology months after the event has happened.

Lifes to short and in these crazy times theres far more important things to worry about.

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 25

NOTHING, my last post was an answer to question, an apology from the ceo office who did nothing for 3 months and penalized me instead, a customer of 13 years and a vulnerable customer they claim to prioritise would be nice, of course it is never going to happen.

Does this answer your question?

Disgusted

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 15 of 25

@Ramzy wrote:

Just end this nightmare and let me go.

Now im really confused.

You say that in your first post yet now you say you have left to got BT and have been refunded the £60

So if you have left and been refunded what exactly is it that you want?

Message 16 of 25

You are gradually giving us more detail a bit at a time. If an Openreach engineer identified a faulty router and no other network issues then it would be a chargeable visit. How that engineer came to be arranged in the first place without any other diagnostics having taken place previously we have no real idea. 

0 Likes

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 25

Well it can't be any worse Martin,  my brother who is already with BT had his connection problem sorted in just 2 days with an engineer visit, me with talktalk it took 3 MONTHS for them to send Openreach, and that was only After Resolver got involved, CEO office did NOTHING, it it wasn't for Resolver I would still be having the same issues, I still can't believe it, only after Openreach came, they seemed to realize that it was a faulty router, they are a broadband company and it took them 3 MONTHS to diagnose a faulty router, I had to endure all this and being penalized as well, this actually happened, instead of trying to resolve my problem, I was actually penalized, I swear I still can't believe that any company would do this. I wait 3 weeks for an engineer that doesn't turn up , he gets away with it and it is me who gets punished.

Let me add I have been with talktalk for 13 years, until last year, for 12 years they did not hear a single complaint from me even when I had issues, so I have not been exactly a "troublesome customer" but that accounted for nothing.

If only I had gone with BT or Virgin before I would have been spared this hell.

To answer your question about the £60, yes they did, but they call it compensation, they don't want to admit they were in the wrong.

I hope no other customer will have to go through what I had, even if they are in perfect health.

Disgusted

Message 18 of 25

@Ramzy 

I am just a customer and have never worked for TT.

Now you have left TT and have moved to BT, as you have said in your unsolicited PM, I hope your service is everything it should be.

As you are not complaining about having to pay an exit fee I guess the CEO office agreed your departure, did they also refund your £60 ?

0 Likes

Ramzy
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 25

No that was separate , had to pay that anyway, they penalized me twice, once for the 6th August, the engineer never tuned up,  they were informed that night, 2 days later I had an apology and a promise to compensate for that AND for the time I had bad connection, never happened as you know, they penalized me £30 for that, 2nd time they penalized me because they sent an engineer on the 22nd September who told me that he believed the problem was outside, so of course I rang talktalk to tell them, an agent rang me back to tell me finally Openreach would be coming to investigate, that tuned out to be another lie,  anway talktalk despite the fact that I rang them that very day and told them what the engineer said they apparently did not know the engineer had already been so they sent another one on the 25th, of course I was not expecting another one, the first one had already told me that he believed the problem was outside, there was no point in having another engineer, anyway it didn't matter it was talktalk that made the mistake, they thought someone should pay, so again the vulnerable customer had to pay the price, you couldn't make it up but that is the reality of talktalk, and guess what?  ceo office told me they have no record of an engineer visiting me on the 22nd, even though I rang talktalk as soon as he left to tell them what he said, still I must pay the price.

Disgusted
0 Likes

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 20 of 25

If im reading your other thread right the engineer was supposed to come on the 6th of August last year?

Were you subject to the price increase that loads of people had a few months ago?

If so that's when you should of left as you had 30 days to do so penalty free.

0 Likes