Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple devices drop connection to router - Microsoft, Amazon Fire, Xbox devices all still connected

mepton
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

We have a mixture of devices at home - Microsoft laptop, Apple, Amazon Fire, Xbox, even our Miele washing machine - all connect to the router no problem, but for no apparent reason, all our Apple devices (phones, iPads, MacBook) simultaneously become offline. It 'looks' like they are connected (the little icon indicates they are connected) but they are clearly not because we lose Internet access. I called TalkTalk - they ran tests - said it was our old router. They sent us a new router - all was well for a few days but now the problem is back. The only temporary 'solution' is to restart the router, but after a day or even just a few hours, the apple devices lose connection again but everything else is still online. Anyone else have this problem and how did you solve it?

Many thanks. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi mepton

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I'm unable to connect to your router at the moment.

Which router are you currently using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

mepton
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Done

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes