cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Apps not working on talk talk wifi (facebook etc)

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi since changing to talk talk i am unable to access several apps on my mobile via home wifi, including instagram and facebook. Having looked at previous threads this appears to be a router problem. Please may you help? Many thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Lucy,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service. Which router do you have? Do you get an error message when trying to access the apps

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for your reply. It is a DLink model DSL-3782 and it will say network error if I try and use the apps. Many thanks 

Highlighted
Chatterbox
@OCE_Chris

Thanks for your reply. It is a DLink model DSL-3782 and it will say network error if I try and use the apps. Many thanks
Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox
@OCE_Chris
I have updated those details - thanks
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Lucyk20,

Could I just confirm, are you using HomeSafe?

TalkTalk HomeSafe - An Overview

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

@OCE_Michelle 

Oh wow! Didn't think I was but checked and turned it off and seems to be working now! Thankyou! That said, does it have to be off to make facebook and instagram work? I do have a child I would like to keep safe online - is there a way around this please? Many thanks!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Lucyk20,

Thanks for the update. I've included a Help Article below which contains more information.

How to use TalkTalk HomeSafe®

Thanks