Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you throttling/ making my broadband disconnect to get me to up grade to fibre

mickfoley888
Team Player
Message 29 of 29

Past few days my internet keeps dropping out sometimes for a few mins other times for 6-8 hrs

Nothing has changed on the set up of the router , the microfilter is pugged in, theres no extentions or landline phones plugged into it

i've been on and off customer support text chat, they run the tests, theres nothing wrong with the exchange, but they see that my internet keeps disconnecting and cant tell me why so

First of all I was told open reach needed to come out an appointment was made, next day internet came back, so cancelled it can't afford to pay £65 if its working on the day,then less then a couple hours later internets gone again,same story again today soon as i move to do something else i get back and its disconnected so turn off the router and wait then it comes back so 

Next a router is on the way ,which considering you were sending open reach to look at the line I can't see why it would help, it drops out so many times a day when theres not even anything connected to ittheres a solid red light if i'm lucky 

I say are you throttling it or slowing it down cause when i look at my service status, it gives me no clues whats wrong all its trying to do is get me to upgrade to fibre , i have emails saying upgrade to fibre which i was toldby customer support was a scam so I ignored it, 

the internet keeps dropping out so much I would leave but i'm in contract till december and i'm not willing to pay a fee to jump ship early, when its not an issue of my causing i've been a customer for a good 4 years and this is the first time i have hit problems which seemingly cant be fixed 

28 REPLIES 28

Message 21 of 29

OK, sorry if this seems to be repetitive, but I cannot see anywhere here where you have told us whether there are any noticeable issues on the phone side, which can of course impact on your broadband performance. So, are you getting a clear dialtone and no background noise on calls on your phone? 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 29

there is no diferernce in sound on the landline i bought one for no reason apart from to check the line, 

This is getting stupid now, I'm seriously thinking of paying up the rest of my contract and leaving,

There's obviously a fault which a new router and anything I can do cannot fix, 

its on your end and i'm getting tired of it dropping out and it not getting fixed, 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 29

Hi mickfoley888,

"have a landline phone to check,"

Sorry, do you mean you haven't got a landline phone to check?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 29

have a landline phone to check,

anytim I try to check the service status I get these two messages in rotation 

We're working on your fault

We're really sorry, but we can't provide an online update.

Our Customer Services team are available to provide an update and support with any queries. Let’s talk about it via Live Chat.

or

Your broadband connection could be improved Our health check on your service shows that your speed to your router could be improved. The health check we carried out on your broadband line shows that recently you have not been receiving the estimated download speed we guaranteed when you signed up to TalkTalk. Estimated speed: 11 Mb - 20 Mb Recent speed: 18 Mb

either there is a fault or there isn't getting slowly fed up with the drop outs and not getting a consistant answer as to why this is happening,

its that inconisitant I can't have open reach come out because I cant afford to pay £65 because it might be working fine the day they come out, 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 29

Hi mickfoley888,

Line test isn't picking up any issues but I can see your connection is unstable. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 29
Now its changed to We're working on your fault
We're really sorry, but we can't provide an online update.

so is there or isn't there a fault,
0 Likes

Message 27 of 29

This is getting a bit silly now.

First theres a fault so openreach are called for it goes away

then it comes back and its not a fault with the line its the router,

Tests get ran and show nothing is wrong with it 

the new router arrived and didn't want to connect to the internet for 20 mins went stright to red light after 3 mins took several resets to get on to check health etc,

Which all morning has been saying theres a fault didn't say what kind of fault just a fault and now it shows  up

The health check we carried out on your broadband line shows that recently you have not been receiving the estimated download speed we guaranteed when you signed up to TalkTalk.

Estimated speed: 11 Mb - 20 Mb

Recent speed: 18 Mb

But when I compare it to other speed checks 

over wifi its barely 11mb 

over ethernet its 14,68mb

And the only advice this health check gives is to upgrade to fibre,

Hence my follow up question

Is it being slowed down to force me into buying fibre?

Its all worked fine till the last 4 days so why would I want to upgrade,

I just want this fixed, without having to pay through the nose to get it fixed, 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 28 of 29

Hi mickfoley888,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that DLM has made a change to the profile this morning and the SNR has now increased. Could you monitor the connection over the next 24hrs and let us know if their is any improvement in stability please?

Thanks

0 Likes