Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Best alt ISP to talktalk?

Highlighted
MrBloff
Conversation Starter

I dont have the time right now but just googiling taltalk taken out early direct debit or simler words do show you people who have had the problem i have had in the past what someone is saying dont happen.

Here is one link *removed* to prove im not the only one it has happend too. If i need to sit here and go through google properly and copy and paste all what i find will it make a diffrence?

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

No, but stop trying to make it something it isn't. You have had your opportunity to vent as you described it yourself, let it be now please, any further posts on the same issue will only look like spamming.

Highlighted
MrBloff
Conversation Starter
Someone in this thread said i was telling lies. You have just tried to say im telling lies also. I give you just one quick link to prove im not telling lies and you then tell me im spamming? Really?
Highlighted
MrBloff
Conversation Starter
Also if you searched google with the words i used but in the quotes google will only look for the full quote. Google them words with out the quotes then go through the links.
Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

That link proves nothing. It shows a a customer who didn't know when s/he received their bill. 

Personally I cannot see how the email notifying you of your bill and payment due date could possibly lead to any misunderstanding. On 27 December I got an email notifying me of my latest bill and it included this information:

Payment due by: 06/01/2020
Your Direct Debit will be taken on or immediately after this date.

You may incur an administration fee if your payment is not received by the due date shown.

The date can vary by a day or two sometimes, but that is another matter, it is always notified.

And I know how to use a search engine, thanks!

Highlighted
MrBloff
Conversation Starter
So if the date arranged can vary (but that dont matter) and the customer is not notified its the customers fault for not having the funds in place before the arranged date?

I know its a 100% fact that i went through a lot of problems with talktalk taking out DDebit payments b4 the date agreed.
Its a 100% fact what can be proven in a law of court that i then had to spend many hours of my life proving talktalk made a mistake (again) and had to get bank charges reinstated by them.

In this thread im being trolled by one dude who prob works for talktalk and i paste a comment to prove what i am saying and then get told im spamming?

Whats the point of setting up a DDebit if the company can change the date of the debit and cause me problems?
That is why i pay extra a month and make a manual payment so i dont have to go through the stress i have had to go through cos of talktalk taken Ddebits early then agreed.

If you use google you will see im not the only one its happens to.

You say you know how to use a search engine but you cant find any of the links i have seen proving its happend to other talktalk customers?
Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

Nobody can take a Direct Debit on the same date each month, because of weekends, Bank Holidays etc. Plus there is a total guarantee that Direct Debits taken incorrectly can be reclaimed immediately from the issuing bank. And you can change Direct Debit dates so that they suit your payment/income schedule better. The (100%) fact seems to be that you don't know how Direct Debits work which may have led you to the problem you encountered. A problem which of course would be fully resolved had you allowed it to be.

I can see a few entries going to back to 2011 on the first search page, I guess I was taking issue with your use of the word "lots." I will not argue with "any" of course. I have since noticed that the link you posted from Twitter contains foul language, so I have removed that in line with community rules.

Highlighted
MrBloff
Conversation Starter

I DDebit is set up so a payment gos out on time. You are given a date with a fed says either side of it stating when the debit will occur.
Is not what a DDebit is for? Can you explain to me what i dont know about Ddebits as i thought they was set up to make payment easier not more stressfull. So you are telling me there is no point setting up a Ddebit?

Whats the point of setting a DDebit up if its taken before the arranged (AGREED) date.

And yes i did reclaim the costs i incurred but it was in no way immediate and i spent a lot of hours jumpen through hoops with talktalk to get it sorted. This is why i pay EXTRA to manuley pay my bill so it dos not happen to me again!

All i was doing was proving to the other troll posting that what i said was true and for some reasons this has upset you to the point where you are trying to tell me im wrong. I looked at more then one page of links i found on google and there is "lots" look up the definition of the word lots and you will see im not wrong.

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

Hey, Direct Debits have guarantees which I think people sometimes forget. As I said they cannot be on a fixed date. But if they are ever taken earlier than notified then that is grounds for claiming it back from your bank, especially if it leaves you out of pocket.

Nobody is doubting you, I guess other posters maybe thought you were a bit over the top and/or a wee bit mischievous? I mean if you genuinely want advice on alternative ISPs then the TalkTalk community forum is hardly the place to come, is it?

Seriously, I wish you luck, I have been with most other major ISPs before reaching TalkTalk. At the end of the day personal experience counts. So if you will feel happier elsewhere then good luck.

Highlighted
MrBloff
Conversation Starter
Yes i did claim it back but the hassle and stress of doing that a few times made me pay my monthly bill manually even tho that cost me more to do.
I am only going on about this Ddebit point now cos some one tried telling me im telling lies when its easy to check im not.

Thanks for your time Ferguson and good luck and all the best for your future.
Highlighted
MrBloff
Conversation Starter

Ferguson i got a email a hour ago from talktalk saying you mentioned me but when i click on the link it brings me here and i cant see anything new?

In the email it says "

Over here!

Hey MrBloff,

ferguson (Community Star) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below.

Re: Best alt ISP to talktalk?

You can find full details of the cancellation process here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

The quickest way without an interruption in service is to contact your new ISP of choice and tell them you want to switch from TalkTalk and keep your existing phone number. "

I dont want to keep my landline number anyways as i know it somehow got leaked through talktalks data and now the only people who call me on it are scams from India.

Im looken at moving to Plus+ or the new ISP Origin but i am waiting for talktalk to send me my deadlock letter what feels like they are going to mess me around on.

I was told my connection will end on the 9th Jan

And was told last Thursday that someone would contact me within 3-5 working days.

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

It is just a notification email, sometimes they go a bit awry.

Highlighted
MrBloff
Conversation Starter

Ahh  ok cheers 🙂

Also maybe suggest to your IT people they should add a EDIT button on these forums as im scared to post now in case someone trys telling me im being mischievous or spamming?

EDIT:  Thanks Ferguson i found it now 🙂

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

There is an EDIT option available via the three vertical dots to the right of each post.