Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big uploads lead to disconnection and/or super slow download of other devices

nrf77
Team Player
Message 27 of 27

Hi,

I have tried to upload some pics (~300MB) to make an online album and every time I try this upload (or any upload of significant size) other devices that are connected to my broadband either disconnect completely from the WiFi (forcing me to connect to 4G network) or have super slow download speed.

I have a Huawei DG8041W-2.T5 router that is very good on downloads and this is the only issue I have with this router.

Is it something related to the router settings/firmware or an actual rule from the ISP? Also wondering about bufferbloat here.

Thanks for your support.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 21 of 27

Will it be OK to wire my laptop to one of the Ethernet ports of the router for this test?

I don't have wall Ethernet port and the connection from the BT wall socket and the router is as per picture below.

Thanks

splitter.jpg

0 Likes

Message 22 of 27
0 Likes

Message 23 of 27

ok - I will try that and report back.

Thanks

Message 24 of 27

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I've checked and the router has the most recent version of firmware. Would it be possible to test wired for a short period of time to see if this still happens in this set up?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 27

Hi,

I have not tried the upload while connected wired, only wirelessly. Do you want me to try that?

Any chance you can check my router remotely in the meantime?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 26 of 27

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, does this also happen if you connect wired?

Thanks

0 Likes