cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Brightsparks engineer

32 REPLIES
Highlighted
elaine6452
Conversation Starter

Due a visit by a brightsparks engineer.

Should I be worried as I have read some interesting posts.

Community Team
elaine6452
Conversation Starter

I have read that although promised no charge for the engineer it still happens. This will be a 3rd or 4th visit by an engineer  in the last year. 

Community Team

It depends if the engineer finds a fault, or what work is requested information can be found on our help page about Brightsparks engineers

elaine6452
Conversation Starter

He has found fault and doing a report . The fault I believe he said was external.

Community Team

Thanks for the update. continue to monitor and let us know. 

elaine6452
Conversation Starter

I haven't heard nothing at all. I do know that the speeds are virtually 0.

Community Team

Hi Elaine

So i can look into this properly, can you tell me exactly what the issue is.  The fault is logged for slow speeds, but the engineer notes are not very descriptive...in fact, the only notes the engineer has provided are  'fault not fixed'.

So as you can see, not a lot for me to go on.

Thanks

Karl. 

elaine6452
Conversation Starter

As you can appreciate I am no engineer. 

He said it is an external fault which is causing the slow speed. He said he would submit his report and then I guess BT will be in touch with either me or you. The sooner the better really as the upload speed was not even registering .

Community Team

Hi

As the last speed tests we have logged are a month old, can you run a wired speed test at https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/speed-checker/

your line is in sync at 7.8mb down and 1mb up.

Acceptable speeds should be greater than 5.46mb (70% of current sync) and 700k upload (70% of current sync)

Thanks

Karl. 

elaine6452
Conversation Starter

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

According to your statement of allowable speeds, this test fails. Maybe ask your engineer to explain . As I said before I am no engineer but this is not the ideal result.

Community Team

Hi

Can you log the wired speed tests with your home phone number, so they are logged onto our system.

Without 3 fresh speed tests results logged our teams cannot log this to openreach.

Thanks

Karl. 

elaine6452
Conversation Starter

I am unable to do a speed test as there is an onscreen message saying currently unavailable.

I have however used another test which has a screen shot attached. The test was wired not wireless.IMG_0227.JPG

Community Team

Hi elaine6452,

Sorry but could you try the My Account speed checker again please, if possible can you run 3 speed tests at different times of day on a devices connected by Ethernet cable to your router

Chris

elaine6452
Conversation Starter

It was the my account speed checker.

It still shows at unavailable.

Can you guys just get in touch with the engineer that came out please and raise this then to BT. 

I must admit that the speeds you state I am getting would be great if I did.

elaine6452
Conversation Starter

have done various speed checks.

Could you update me on the next steps.

I have still heard nothing from BT

elaine6452
Conversation Starter

Hello out there. Where is the BT engineer. The speed test as you requested have been done and you have not got back to me. At this moment the speed is so slow that nothing will connect and I am using the data allowance from my phone. 

We are paying £40 a month for an absolute pile of rubbish. 

Community Team

Hi 

An engineer hasn't been booked.  

The last speed test result registered against your account is dated 04/09/2016. So we need 3 tests ran in a wired state from direct from.   https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/speed-checker/

Once we have these results we can pass back to our network and onto BT. 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused 

elaine6452
Conversation Starter

I have done the speed tests . It appears you haven't had them . The last one I did had no upload speed at all. Maybe if you got in touch with the guy that came out to us and asked him . He said that BT would be in touch when his report had been done.

Community Team

Hi 

I have re-escalted the problem to our network team to arrange an BT engineer

Our network team will be in touch.