Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband / Ping / Streaming issues

louieismyname
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi there, 

I've been with TalkTalk for over a year and a half now at my current address and rarely ever had problems, but within the last couple of months since my package changed (previous one finished and I upgraded) my internet has been progressively worse while playing games and streaming on twitch. This has been problematic as I rely on streaming for a part of my income and regularly I've had to stop due to terrible ping/connection. These issues don't show in the speedtests I've ran but it's most definitely noticeable while gaming or streaming where a consistent ping is mandatory.

I'm confused as to why this has happened ever since I changed package with TalkTalk (to a more expensive one than before to add insult to injury) and I'm even connected by ethernet to the router so I know I have the fastest connection method currently.

If there's a solution I'd love to know as I'd prefer to stay with TalkTalk, unless the issues persist, and if there's any extra information that's needed please let me know, thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hello,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. Would it be possible to run a wired ping and trace route the next time this happens and post the results into the thread please.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi there Jampherson, it definitely is the internet connection as my current setup is well above the system requirements, and my upload speed is more than capable of streaming at the highest quality. The issues only ever occur as soon as I go live on the site as well.

https://imgur.com/a/pF9PjoW is the result of the traceroute to twitch, i'm not too familiar with this though.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi, I believe that is it updated now

Thanks,
Louie

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi louieismyname,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

jampherson
Participant
Message 5 of 6

Not clued up on twitch streaming so might be completely out. Is it definitely the Internet connection causing the issue?

What are the system requirements for streaming on twitch?

Also do you always use the same server, if so run a traceroute to see if any bottlenecking/issues. 

0 Likes