Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Setup Delayed by Missing Equipment

CharlieLiam
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Was meant to have my broadband setup on the 15th September.

Package containing the router arrived a few days ago but was missing a microfilter. I contacted talktalk and they said that I one was going to be sent to me. 

I've found out today that my installation date has now jumped to the 5th of October, 3 weeks from now. Will I receive any sort of compensation as the reason for the delay was caused by me not being sent all the equipment?

I've therefore lost work I would've done at home as I have no way of transferring the files to the clients. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 5

@CharlieLiam 

You still haven't said which version of "150" you have ordered !

The tag at the bottom of your OP leads to FUTURE FIBRE which doesn't even use a phone line

0 Likes

CharlieLiam
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Hi!

So my place has phone sockets and that's it. I assumed that the box would have one (as it said it does on the inside) and that it hadn't made it accidentally. I queried it and said that they would send one out.

So potentially I may not have needed to mention anything and the openreach engineer would've just changed the face plate to and ethernet port. Therefore not needing the reschedule?

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

@CharlieLiam  you have added a FIBRE 150 tag, however there are two versions, one over the phone line which would normally have a special g.fast filtered faceplate fitted during the installation visit, therefore no microfilter would be needed.

The other is FUTURE FIBRE 150-Data Only which your tag links to and that is full FTTP which does not use the phone line at all so no filter needed.

Exactly what product have you ordered ?

You may be due compensation for delayed installation but on a home broadband service there is none for loss of work, wages or any other consequential loss.