Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband Speed Code of Conduct

3 REPLIES 3
Siancasey94
First Timer

So when joining talk talk broadband I received an email with ‘guaranteed’ speeds of 14.6mbps I only ever receive maximum speeds of 3.6. after hours and hours on the phone to talk talk and being passed from pillar to post they finally sent out an openreach technician who has confirmed that i am too far away from the exchange and will just have to wait for fibre which is nowhere in sight. How can you guarantee speeds that are clearly not possible! I’m paying monthly for a service I’m not recieving! Any advice would be appreciated, thanks. 

Community Team

Hi

Speeds are averaged over an area and provided to us from Openreach based on their estimation of the line.

For the most part these are accurate, but some can fall short and we do our best to give the speed the line will allow.

If you want to add your home phone number to your Community Profile I can take a look at your line and see if the profiles are correct from here.

Thanks

Karl. 

Siancasey94
First Timer

Thanks, I have added my

home phone and mobile number to my profile but please be aware we do not use our landline and can only be contacted over the mobile 🙂 

Community Team

Hi

Your line is on the correct profile and it looks as though the speed estimation supplied to our network systems was incorrect.

4mb is the correct speed for your line as the distance from the exchange is about 5km.

You can check this on third party sites such as sam knows or Kitz.

https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/broadbandchecker.php

As the initial speed mentioned at point of sale was incorrect / higher, you can leave without penalty if you wish, however the broadband speeds will be similar with other providers.

Thanks

Karl.