Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband and phone down

davep
Insightful One
Message 21 of 21

Our broadband and phone went down sometime between 9.00 and 10.30 yesterday.  For most this may not be too much problem, but with only PAYG mobile and not much credit, I didn't want to phone TT help.  Our neighbour also with TT said their phone wasn't working, but BB was.

He phoned and was told there was a problem with phone in our area.  At least it wasn't just us, I suppose.  Could TT not inform by text when things are shut down/  That's the point of giving out my number.

Any idea why our BB wouldn't work?

It came back yesterday evening but connection is slow this morning.  Have run on TT speed test.  Could someone check and see if connection can be improved.

Thanks

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi davep

I will pass on your feedback in regards to the new Community page.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

davep
Insightful One
Message 2 of 21

@Michelle-TalkTalk Thanks for reply.  I found it off my screen.

I guess it's classed as progress needing 2 actions instead of one.  I won't be here as often.

Need to sign in, then work out how to reply to topics.  This replies to 1st post as per quoting below....

@davep wrote:

Our broadband and phone went down sometime between 9.00 and 10.30 yesterday.  For most this may not be too much problem, but with only PAYG mobile and not much credit, I didn't want to phone TT help.  Our neighbour also with TT said their phone wasn't working, but BB was.

He phoned and was told there was a problem with phone in our area.  At least it wasn't just us, I suppose.  Could TT not inform by text when things are shut down/  That's the point of giving out my number.

Any idea why our BB wouldn't work?

It came back yesterday evening but connection is slow this morning.  Have run on TT speed test.  Could someone check and see if connection can be improved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hello,

If you click on Community tab, then at the bottom you should see latest posts.

Thanks

0 Likes

davep
Insightful One
Message 4 of 21

@Karl-TalkTalk 

With regards to the new look Community, there is an update in progress, but not quite complete as yet.

Why not just abandon it.  I can't find latest posts, when i click "reply" it was to my original post.  See my other topic, i can't repeat or find it  MORE F IN COOKIES ON THIS POST

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi Dave,

It's not unusual for internet traffic to pass across different networks and for providers to share part of a network.  This is why Openreach are working with Virgin Media as the outage is affecting circuits across part of the shared network and affecting a number of customers in the area.

With regards to the new look Community, there is an update in progress, but not quite complete as yet.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

davep
Insightful One
Message 6 of 21

@Karl-TalkTalk   just now:

There's a problem with our network

Your services will be affected.....

Seems you've also changed the community page!  Can't find edit post - now found-, but a whole page has changed I maybe need to re-load.

Just get used to something then all changes - looks like for the worse.  PLEASE CHANGE BACK

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

@Karl-TalkTalk wrote:

Virgin Media on the affected circuits.

since when were Virgin round our way?  Maybe in postal town but not our locality.

Wouldn't it be nice if it was highlighted on the service centre dashboard instead of ticks everywhere. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi

We've done nothing our end, but there will be work ongoing in the area between Openreach and Virgin Media on the affected circuits.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

@Karl-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk 

positively flying this morning

We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results.

2.5 MbpsYour average download speed
0.8 MbpsYour average upload speed

Maybe because wife has taken her ipad out

Just dropped out as I was about to post this - did you do something your end?
0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi

OK, thanks for confirming.  

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

working just now, but up and down a bit.  Can still call out.

Nothing on Service centre!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi

there is a wider issue in the area affecting a few circuits and this is still ongoing.  We will chase our incident teams for an update, but I've added your mobile number to the outage sms updates for now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

@Debbie-TalkTalk thanks.

Neighbour said they can call out but not get incoming calls.  Our phone calls out and rings when I call it, but haven't actually checked whether it is actually working coming in - PAYG with low credit!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi davep

I'm still looking into this and I will post back as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

@Debbie-TalkTalk router stats showed

Upstream line rate (kbit/s) :
Downstream line rate (kbit/s) :
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB) :
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB) :
I presume that's what you see.
Will await any news this afternoon
thanks
0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi davep

The sync speed is still showing as 2.6mb.

There is a potential issue detected at the exchange and this may be affecting the speed/connection.

I will check on this again later this afternoon for updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

@Debbie-TalkTalk just now:

We recorded your speed as

DownloadUpload

901 KBits/s(112.625 KBytes/s)
813 KBits/s(101.625 KBytes/s)
0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi davep

Apologies for this.

Yes I also completed a line optimisation. Your line is currently in sync at 2.6mb.

If you do experience any further issues then please post back on this thread and we can investigate this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 21

@Debbie-TalkTalk Thanks for rapid reply.  Normally get between 1.8 and very rarely 2.8 down.  Seemed slow this morning.  I guess you have done some optimisation as BB went down, but now up to 2.3 on latest test.  Thanks for that.

Any reason neighbour should have had BB working and our wasn't?  Other on same overhead and non TT seemed ok.

As I said, it would be nice to be informed on mobile so I didn't go up the next road to ensure BTOR were not messing in the cabinets.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 21

Hi davep

I'm sorry to hear this.

A landline fault can also affect the BB connection.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

What speed were you receiving before you experienced this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes