Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband and phone just stopped working

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi I have no broadband or phone line. No way of contacting call centre as it’s closed for calls! Need broadband and phone as working from home. 

Dan
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Caws80 welcome to the very very busy community, we heard you the first time so please resist the temptation to start multiple threads, it just clogs upp the system eve n more. Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back asap, in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account.

Are you connected directly to the master box or an extension?

Try connecting to the test socket, generally behind the faceplate on the master box.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I’m sorry but I was just logging it as broadband and home phone. I am also anxious as I need to be working. Is there any reason why my phone and internet would just stop working? I don’t know much about it all so I don’t know what the master box is sorry? All I know is my router is plugged in to the phone line as it always has been

Dan
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Caws80 no problems, Your guide to master sockets  might help.

Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back ASAP

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks for the guide. Do you have any idea why this might have happened. I really need to log back on for work it’s very urgent 

Dan
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Mine is an open reach FfTc model and it is a grey cable going from top plug in to router and a connection box to my phone from the bottom
Dan
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Caws80  it sounds as though the linne outside your property has been damaged, maybe. But before anyone can diagnose your problem you really do need to add your landline phone number to your community profile which is used to identify your account. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

My phone and broadband seems to have come back on now. I am unsure as it goes on and off. When will talk talk contact me regarding this 

Dan
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Caws80 probably that outside fault got fixed and with a bit of luck you will have no more problems. The support teams are hugely busy at the moment so will struggle to diagnose something that is working. I would suggest marking one of the posts in this thread as best answer which will close the issue down and then should the issue return start a fresh thread.

Very glad you are upandrunning at the moment.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

If it’s at all possible to get this to the customer service team. I called my house line during the problem and I got a ringing tone but nothing on my landline end ringing. It’s very important that it does not go down again 

Dan
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi you are in the workflow. I cannot promise when you will be answered. Why not activate call divert now in case the line does go down? £ 2.00 a month for peace of mind and cancellable on a monthly basis..

Highlighted
Popular Poster

It’s the broadband more than the phone line. My broadband went down because of the phone line issues. 

Dan
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Im showing this is working now, is this resolved ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES