Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband and phone not working!!!

11 REPLIES 11
AmandaB1971
Participant

Hi

i have been asking for help for over two weeks and yet neither you guys on here, the text service or a complaint I raised at the start of this week has seen anyone actually do anything to help me.

My phone is echoey and my broadband isn’t working at all and hasn’t for three weeks. I have taken the front off the master socket and plugged into the test socket and it’s still not working. I have a sight problem and need this fixing as I struggle

to use my phone as I need a bigger screen. 

I have now been paying for a service for three weeks and you have done not one single thing to help me get it fixed. If there isn’t a plan to get this repaired by 12 noon on Monday 2nd December I will escalate to the regulator.

thanks

Amanda

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

martswain
Philosopher

I hope you get it fixed soon.

However, you cannot take it any further until you have made a formal complaint, failed to get it fixed and received a "deadlock" letter from TalkTalk.

Martin, just a customer trying to help.
AmandaB1971
Participant

Thanks for your comments I made a formal complaint on Monday 26th November and have received no response. My profile is up to date and I have tried to make contact via these boards, the text service and via my complaint. Talk talk are currently in breach of my contract. 

AmandaB1971
Participant

Finally an Openreach Engineer has been booked for Thursday! Talk talk needs to really review it’s practices for reporting faults though it’s utterly inadequate!

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi AmandaB1971

I'm really sorry for the delay.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

AmandaB1971
Participant

After being promised an Openreach Engineer between 9-1 today a TalkTalk Engineer has turned up at 7am instead! He has verified what I’ve already told them for three weeks the fault is on the line! So he can’t fix it and we need the Openreach Engineer I thought was coming and had asked for. So now we’re no further forward and an Openreach Engineer is coming tomorrow - I had taken leave for today so now I’ve had to take more leave for tomorrow. 

I am outraged by the absolutely appalling service from TalkTalk not least because I submitted a complaint by email more than three weeks ago and no one has even acknowledged it you clearly do not care about your customers at all. 

I should’ve been dealt with under the accessibility policy weeks ago due to my sight condition but again you can’t even follow your own policies. 

hopefully the Openreach man turns up tomorrow as I have now been paying for a service for three weeks that I haven’t received, I’ve also lost two days annual leave and can’t work from home as I normally do. 

all in all talk talk are an absolute joke and I will formalise my complaint today to the regulator. 

OCE_Debbie

Hi AmandaB1971

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can raise a complaint so this can be discussed further with a Complaints Manager. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

AmandaB1971
Participant

Yes thanks that would help.

they reckon to have organised an Openreach engineer for tomorrow but I’ve had no text or email

confirmation are you able to check that is all in order too as if I take tomorrow off and no one turns up I will be beyond angry.

thanks for your help.

OCE_Debbie

Hi AmandaB1971

I will raise the complaint now and request that you are contacted as soon as possible.

I have also checked and the engineer visit is showing as arranged for 06/12/2019 AM (8am - 1pm) This is an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

AmandaB1971
Participant

Thank you. 

OCE_Debbie

Hi AmandaB1971

No problem. Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie