Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband completely not working last 3 days

Nabil1
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

We have had a red light on our router for the last 3 days and the WiFi has completely stopped working over night . What are our possible options to get it back up and running ? The live chat representatives aren't very helpful and keep telling us it's from our side.. yet we haven't touched our router previously. And all the wires and connections seem in tact.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Nabil1,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Nabil1,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some details for an engineer visit.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Nabil1
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 10

Hi, 

It seems like there is a problem externally as I mentioned, there was work carried outlocally recently. 

Please could you send an engineer immediately as we work from home and have not been able to for the last 4 days. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

Tests are still failing and showing a potential issue towards the property.  Tests are not 100% accurate and we use these as a guide, but the only way to progress now is for an engineer to visit.

would you like to arrange an engineer ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Nabil1
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 10

Hi, 

We received a letter from talktalk to let us know there will be works in the area but we will be contacted prior to the work being done, perhaps that's why we have had an outage ? Again this morning the internet has stopped working and a red light is shown on the router. 

You have commented that it is an issue towards our property, and prior to this our internethasnt cut off only during the weekend and since then. 

It is currently connected to the BT socket and has always been connected everyday. Again nothing has been touched and there's been problems .. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Nabil1

Is the router at the test socket at the moment?

If the fault is found to be with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges would be applied.

Further information can be found here Engineer charges

0 Likes

Nabil1
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 10

Hi Debbie, 

Since your last message, the router is now working but at a slower speed. 

Our internet connection has been unstable prior to this over the last few weeks as well. 

Would an engineer visit be free of charge ? 

The router is currently connected for the last few hours. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Nabil1

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes