Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection dropping off

John19601
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Hi, 

My hub has been disconnecting on a more frequent basis over the last months, orange flashing lights, often needing a total switch off and power down for 20 mins to get it to work correctly as sometimes when it reconnects I find i have lost all Wi fi but ethernet connection is fine. Two nights ago it would not hold connection for more than about 5 mins and after going through the power up/ down procedure yesterday morning it has not been a lot better.  Having phoned TalkTalk and completed at least 3 line checks yesterday, which were all  good, I also logged onto my hub yesterday which shows how long it has been connected. It was, as I initiated this, just over the hour since it last disconnected, about the longest period yesterday, but my speed was way down at 30Mps although my line speed is in the low 70's as indicated by talktalk service centre diagnostics.  Today, checking my hub, this current connection has been running for 38 min but again at only 24.8Mps download.  My gut feeling is that this is a hub problem. can you please suggest a way forward as I spent more time yesterday trying to sort this boadband issue than i did working.  Many thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

Glad to hear the speeds have improved for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Thought I had done this but it would appear not. Line must be back up at 63Mbps from 40Mbps yesterday as I am now currently able to  achieve download and upload speeds of 56Mbps and 18Mbps. Will monitor and see how it goes over the next days. 

Thank you for all your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi John19601

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I've checked and the line test is now clear and the line is in sync at 63.2mb.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Debbie

Although a line fault was found and sorted by an engineer my issues continue. The line speed to my hub is now at 40Mbps but I am still only getting 18 - 20Mbps on speed tests. The connection is better and is currently holding at 1 day. Something is still not right. Can you please suggest a way forward. Many thanks.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi John

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault. Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes