cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband connection keeps dropping

Community Team

Hi chousden,

Thanks for confirming this and I've asked our Network Team to confirm what the next step will be. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi chousden,

Our Network Team have advised that they have sent a different make and model of router for you to test. They have asked if you can let us know how the stability compares once this router is connected.

Thanks

chousden
Team Player

Hi

I have connected this router now and will see how it does.

Thanks

chousden
Team Player

I've already had one drop out at 20.36 today with the new Talktalk router.

Community Team

Hi chousden,

Thanks for the update. I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see that DLM has made a change to the profile today. Please let us know how the stability and speed compares over the weekend.

Thanks

chousden
Team Player

Hi

This has still been disconnecting quite a lot over the weekend with the new router. Checking the logs, I can see the following disconnections:

Friday: 00:36:53, 02:33:50, 10:34:27, 12:32:17, 12:47:18

Saturday: 08:37:06, 10:33:33

Sunday: 10:34:44

Thanks

Community Team

Thanks for the update

Is the router situated close to other electrical devices that could be causing interference? Is your router connected directly to a wall socket or is it connected to a multi-socket electrical extension lead shared with other devices?

When you swapped the routers over did you also use the cables provided with the new router?

Chris

chousden
Team Player

Hi Chris

The router isn’t near any other electrical devices and is connected directly to the wall power socket.

In terms of the phone socket it is connected to the master socket using the cabling (including the socket filter) supplied with the new router.

Nonetheless the same problem has continued while using this router as with the others.

Thanks

Caspar

Community Team

Hi Caspar,

If the connection is still dropping with the new router then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit 

can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Caspar,

I've replied to your PM

Chris

Community Team

Hi Caspar,

Our network team have taken another look at this and decided to send it for an our of hours card reset before taking any further action, this should take place tonight so can you please monitor tomorrow and let us know if there's any improvement 

Thanks

Chris

chousden
Team Player

Thanks Chris

I will keep an eye on it for the next few days and let you know how it gets on.

Community Team
chousden
Team Player

Hi Chris

Unfortunately the disconnections have continued over Friday and the weekend. At the time of writing these have occurred as follows:

Friday:

02:36:50 (I presume this one was the card reset you referenced)

16:33:26

18:35:42

22:42:35

Saturday:

00:36:25

01:55:12

02:35:00

18:34:14

Sunday:

08:36:51

So unfortunately it does look like the reset hasn’t improved the stability of the connection.

Thanks

Caspar

saunders1
First Timer

Hi,

We are having the exact same issue, we are new customers to talk talk and ever since we have had it our connection keeps dropping. We have contacted talk talk three times and the problem still persists. It makes us wish we never left our previous provider. 

If anyone could help us resolve this also it would be incredibly helpful

thanks 

Jenny 

saunders1
First Timer

Hi,

We are having the exact same issue, we are new customers to talk talk and ever since we have had it our connection keeps dropping. We have contacted talk talk three times and the problem still persists. It makes us wish we never left our previous provider. 

If anyone could help us resolve this also it would be incredibly helpful

thanks 

Jenny 

Community Team

Hi Casper,

Thanks for the update

The card reset appears to have been the 01:55 connection on the 8th, could you monitor for another 24 hours and if disconnections continue can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll pass it back to our network team for further investigation 

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Jenny,

Can you start your own thread and we'll be happy to look into this for you 🙂

Chris

saunders1
First Timer
Hi,
Thankyou, I have now done this

Jenny
Community Team