Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband connection keeps dropping

chousden
Team Player

Hi Chris

I've now been dealing with two talktalk staff members who have called me. More attempts have been made to fix this, with the latest today.

However, while I have a callback scheduled for Wednesday it has already become apparent that what has been done today has failed to fix the issue as I have had three connection drop outs since.

Could this please be raised up as so far it seems like steps are simply being repeated, without bringing this issue any closer to resolution, rather than moving on to send an engineer.

Thanks

Caspar

Community Team

Hi Caspar

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Caspar

Our Network Team are now arranging for a Lift and Shift to be completed at the exchange.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

chousden
Team Player

Thank you Debbie

Please keep me updated. This needs addressing as I have had ten drops outs today already and this just seems to be getting worse. It has been going on more than two months now and seems no closer to a resolution.

Thanks

Caspar

Community Team

Hi Caspar

I have asked our Network Team for a date for when this work will be completed and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Caspar

BT Openreach have advised that work should be completed by 18/06/19 (Any time before 6 PM) for the Lift and Shift order to be completed.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Caspar

The Lift and Shift has been completed, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

chousden
Team Player

Hi Debbie

I have already had another drop out since your message.

I noticed the work at 8.20 this morning when the connection went down and would not come back up. Since then there were four drop outs between 3pm and 5pm, and then another at 8.36pm.

So it would seem this has not fixed the issue.

Caspar

Community Team

Hi Caspar

Apologies for the delay.

I've optimised the connection again as the SNR was low. Please can you monitor the connection today to see if the connection now remains stable following this?

Thanks

Debbie

chousden
Team Player

Hi Debbie

It has since dropped out twice, at 10.34 and 03.34, so this still isn't stable.

Thanks

Caspar

Community Team

Hi chousden,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've asked our Network Team to take another look now and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Caspar

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit to the property. Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

chousden
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Please do. I would prefer a morning visit - with enough notice I can arrange to be there.

Kind regards

Caspar

Community Team

Hi Caspar

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Caspar

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Caspar

The engineer visit has been arranged for 25/06/2019 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

chousden
Team Player

Thank you Debbie.

I will let you know how it goes.

Kind regards

Caspar

Community Team
chousden
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Actually, the connection has now held solid for the past 48 hours, which has not been the case since this issue started. Is it possible it has now stabilised since the lift and shift? If so, it may be worth postponing the engineer visit while I see if the connection continues to hold.

I know the visits can be cancelled without charge if done so by noon the prior day, so if you agree I would suggest we do so for now.

Thanks

Caspar

Community Team

Hi Caspar

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Would you like me to cancel this visit now?

Thanks

Debbie